TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

The future is here!

Discussion in 'Electric Vehicles' started by goyogi, Sep 26, 2012.

1. goyogi

goyogi Member

I was commuting in to work in my Volt and in front of me was a Plug-in Prius, and in front of it was a Leaf. Soon EVs will be common place and I have to start envisioning teleportation. =)

volt-pip-leaf.jpg

2. Todd Burch

Todd Burch Electron Pilot

Cool, but Goyogi...you live in Silicon Valley...come on :).

Only when I see a Leaf in front of a PIP in front of a Volt in front of my Model S here in Virginia will I think that EVs have truly been accepted :).

3. Zextraterrestrial

Ya. It is sad. My mom went on a road trip from SF area to Arizona/Colorado/New mexico/Wyoming and other western states. She commented that she only saw any Prius' in California. once you go left there are almost none! (Gas is cheaper? People don't care about environment? No recycling either)

4. Orthonos

Orthonos Member

All of our taxis are Prius' so we see lots here in Greater Vancouver. There is a Fisker dealership but I don't recall seeing any EVs here yet (I am sure there are and colleagues have mentioned some roadster owners they know, but I haven't noticed any yet)

5. phx182flyer

phx182flyer P11051

Tell her to come to Phoenix for a visit. it seems 1 in 10 cars here are Prii!

6. Rifleman

Rifleman Now owns 2 Model S's!!!

The other day I was driving my volt, and pulled up besides another volt. After we exchanged a quick beep of the pedestrian alert horn, I realized that this is the first time I have seen 2 plug ins at once out side of a show room or get amped event. It was pretty cool. Cant wait till the first time that I see three at once.

7. mnx

mnx 2013 P85

I've seen a few volts in the wild, tesla roadsters, but never a Leaf. I think a good number of the prii I see on the road have plates from somewhere in the USA on them. You guys seem to love those things.

8. ElSupreme

ElSupreme Model S 03182

Last Friday I drove about 7 miles and saw 3 LEAFs in the wild. Two driving the opposite direction and the other milling around a parking lot. I have never seen more than 1 LEAF or Volt while driving around.

9. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

Try driving my highway 101 SF bay area commute in the carpool lane. Frequently a LEAF or Volt or PiP in front or behind. Then watching the oncoming traffic on the other side it seems that every 10th vehicle is a plug-in of some sort. I probably see a dozen other LEAFs in a day. At least one Roadster a week. Today I saw a silver Model S going the other direction. And a Fisker Karma parked at the lunch restaurant.

10. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

In case anyone doesn't recognize:
    Volt->PiP->LEAF...

11. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

I'm able to see your pic in the first post fine. I deleted the second post because it was essentially a duplicate. Maybe try a different browser?

12. phx182flyer

phx182flyer P11051

Definately a problem with the site last night. Could get any of the forums to display (safari)

13. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

She must not have come to Texas. There are a ton of them here.

14. Tempus

Tempus Member

I actually see a ton of prius here in northern virginia. Almost more than any other single model of car. Ive also started recently seeing just a few volts and leafs. Not more than half a dozen of either, but its progress. Before i went to the october model s event, i had never seen a volt or a leaf in the wild.

15. goyogi

goyogi Member

Thanks Doug. I can now see the pic in the OP and I removed my third pic. :) I tried different browwwser and incognito mode and it made no difference.

16. PeterW

PeterW Member

Saw the thread title and had to put this on here

6ecde951615bc821389fe3af7d63ca15.png

This is my plate for our Model S

17. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

One drive in June, to Santa Monica and back I saw 13 EVs on the road. Just a regular day, no EVent of any kind and these were driving, not parked or charging...

Even had two black Leafs on either side of me at one point on PCH.

8 Leafs
    1 Active E
    3 Volts
    1 Roadster (not the one I was in)

18. VolkerP

VolkerP EU Model S P-37

That is to be expected right now. The LEAFs flee to the arctic circle during summer and return with begin of autumn. :tongue:

19. kevincwelch

kevincwelch Active Member

I've seen a bunch of Volts and Leafs around the Chicago area. A few physician friends have Volts. Lots of Priuses around the Western Suburbs as well. Not sure if they are PiPs, though. There are a few Leafs in my neighborhood, but on the fly, I have a hard time telling the difference between a Leaf and a Versa (at least when driving and keeping my eyes on the road and not looking for Model Ses).

20. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

The leafs all have a deep blue Nissan logo; to my knowledge no other Nissan has that. They're easy to spot (unless the car is blue).