Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Google Footprint

SageBrush

REJECT Fascism
May 7, 2015
New Mexico
Like many others, I find the corporate goings on of Google to be fascinating in general, and in particular where it comes to energy. I admire them greatly for being leaders in the Green revolution.

Our biggest renewable energy purchase ever

talks about a 2 Billion USD investment in new clean generation in order to match their power use.
The article mentions that 5.5 GW of clean energy powers Google. I estimate Google serves about 0.5 Billion high speed users, which implies that a new customer adds about 10 watts of power requirement. Nowadays that is covered with ~ $1 good for 25 years.

That is just amazing. 4 US cents a year per customer to power Google services. If ever I needed a concrete way to grasp the 'digital economy,' this has helped.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC