Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Grand Tour (w/ the former Top Gear presenters)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did anyone else watch the series premier on Amazon Prime? As a huge fan of Clarkson, May, and Hammon's Top Gear, it's everything I was hoping it would be.

Bonus for the TMC crowd - the first episode focused on three hybrid supercars: The McLaren P1, Porsche 918, and Ferrari LaFerrari.

Love the show. He said some pretty disparaging things to say about EVs on the latest episode and believes petrol is the future due to inability to meet electricity demands of a fleet transition (referenced some UK stat about the utilities only producing a 5% cushion above daily use). I'm guessing they won't be featuring a Tesla on any future episodes.

Love the show. He said some pretty disparaging things to say about EVs on the latest episode and believes petrol is the future due to inability to meet electricity demands of a fleet transition (referenced some UK stat about the utilities only producing a 5% cushion above daily use). I'm guessing they won't be featuring a Tesla on any future episodes.

I don't think Tesla would hand one over for testing anyway, based on how they felt slighted and libeled after the Roadster was used in 2008:
UK appeals court dismissed Tesla's BBC Top Gear lawsuit

Tog Gear is not The Grand Tour. The new Top Gear Team tested the model X and the reviewer found it really awesome.

I am aware of the differences, this is a Grand Tour thread. The article I lawsuit I referenced is from 2008 when it was Clarkson/May/Hammond hosting. I don't think Tesla would hand those guys a car for testing so I doubt we'll see a P100D in the hands of "The American" (who is awful).

The Grand Tour made another attack on EVs. In the latest episode Clarkson drives a sporty VW Golf and James May drives a BMW i3. Clarkson created all the tests and, surprise, May fails them all and they are the standard anti-EV nonsense: range anxiety, government support, and long charge times. So it was a passive aggressive attack. Not one positive of an EV was mentioned.

They also mention the Hyperloop without mentioning Elon.