Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Great Supercharger Desert starts to shrink...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see hopeful signs looking at the map on supercharge.info.

There are a total of five supercharges permitted, under construction, or newly opened around the edges of the desert. It's been a long time coming, but soon we may be able to break out. Today, we can get out of memphis in -two- directions by driving conservatively ;)

Cape Girardeau, MO (or much better Sikeston, MO) would be my next choice. Within range of Memphis and three other superchargesr farther north.

I agree. As someone that lives in the Mid-South and has a Model 3 on reservation; being able to snag a supercharger on the way out of Memphis would be nice. From looking at the Supercharger map for 2016, I see some dots filling in!

• Meridian, MS
  • Tupelo, MS
  • Pearl (Jackson), MS
  • Grenada, MS
  • Dyersberg, TN or Blytheville, AR, or north Marion, AR (hard to tell)

Attachments

• 2016Supercharger.PNG
    2016Supercharger.PNG
    451 KB · Views: 110
I see hopeful signs looking at the map on supercharge.info.

There are a total of five supercharges permitted, under construction, or newly opened around the edges of the desert. It's been a long time coming, but soon we may be able to break out. Today, we can get out of memphis in -two- directions by driving conservatively ;)

Cape Girardeau, MO (or much better Sikeston, MO) would be my next choice. Within range of Memphis and three other superchargesr farther north.

And it continues :)

With Tyler, TX and Shreveport, LA under construction, Pearl open and 5 more permits things are looking less bleak.

Shreveport doesn't seem to make a lot of sense unless Monroe (or close) is also on the horizon. It's a little bit of a stretch between Pearl and Shreveport, even for an 85D.

There still seems to be a force field around Memphis/East Arkansas but perhaps the lull in supercharger construction is ending and the pace will pick back up in the second quarter.

I have a trip to the upper midwest in late July, the only missing piece is the 300+ mile gap between Memphis and St Louis or effingham.

Seeing what is going on.

Alexandria, LA construction underway.
Suphur Springs, TX construction underway
Shreveport, LA construction done and waiting to open. Imagine this was the Alexandria team responsibility.
Lindale, TX construction nearly complete. Looks like missing a part.

Looks like 2 teams working down that way.

2 sites in Texas heading west. I would imagine that the Sulphur Springs, TX crew will head that way when they are complete. Would imagine that the team in Alexandria would then head east to Monroe, LA and they should have those done before July. The logical place after Monroe for that team would be to head towards Memphis. The head back through Arkansas to hookup with the Sulphur Springs, TX location.

Would be nice if one more crew was working and could head from Sulphur Springs towards Memphis.

All in all it looks like need 5 or 6 locations to cover the SuperCharger desert for Model S and Model X.

Seeing what is going on.

Alexandria, LA construction underway.
Suphur Springs, TX construction underway
Shreveport, LA construction done and waiting to open. Imagine this was the Alexandria team responsibility.
Lindale, TX construction nearly complete. Looks like missing a part.

Looks like 2 teams working down that way.

2 sites in Texas heading west. I would imagine that the Sulphur Springs, TX crew will head that way when they are complete. Would imagine that the team in Alexandria would then head east to Monroe, LA and they should have those done before July. The logical place after Monroe for that team would be to head towards Memphis. The head back through Arkansas to hookup with the Sulphur Springs, TX location.

Would be nice if one more crew was working and could head from Sulphur Springs towards Memphis.

All in all it looks like need 5 or 6 locations to cover the SuperCharger desert for Model S and Model X.

Do they loop up to Memphis or continue to march down I-20 to link Atlanta?

Miner/Sikeston, MO has been permitted :)

This connects three existing superchargers to Memphis, and makes travel to the north possible without overnighting. It's a very big deal.

There is rapid progress on the south side of the desert, and we should see some "filling-in" later in the year which will help for bad weather, etc.

Currently traveling to the south or east is possible but requires cons active planning and leaving with a full charge. Cold, rain, wind can leave little margin.

I'm very encouraged, as this makes my tesla much more useful.