Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The honeymoon finally ebbs...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm sorry, but isn't 3-6 months Elon's standard answer for all things he has no clue how to deliver?

I'm not saying they are making sudden, great strides forward on the service front. I'm saying the original statement I replied to, specifically
the laying off of 7% of their labor will only add to more non-response, longer wait for services, reduction in what we enjoyed like loaner car a few years ago.
is overly pessimistic and inaccurate. I have yet to see a report that the 7% cuts had a significant impact on the service side of things. Rather, Tesla has almost 300 of job openings in service/energy just in North America: Search for Jobs | Tesla

I would escalate to corporate to have a mobile service appointment. Just remember that we are electric car pioneers - sometimes it is hard to be at the forefront.

Brent

I guess that explains the arrows..

On a more serious note, I stopped into my local sales gallery yesterday and had a chat with a manager who I’ve known for ~4 years, and more importantly someone who has never bs’d me. He says there are efforts underway to improve service. I trust his info more than I trust Elon’s tweets. I think I’m done with folks that like to promise the world via tweet:).

Update to original post.

I did escalate as suggested and got the same answer regarding mobile service. Apparently changing the "PTC Heater Assembly" unit requires the car to be on a lift and the high voltage lines to be disconnected, something the mobile guys simply can't or aren't allowed to do. And honestly I get that from a safety perspective.

Took the day, drove the 2.5 hours, got a nice P100D loaner and wandered Atlanta for the day. Repair took from 8 to 5 but was finished as promised in one day. Drove home ... with heat. Of course, now it's 70 degrees in the South ... so there's that. :)

Overall handled as well as it could be with the current state of the service network, it just needs to grow as the number of vehicles grows.

Thanks to all for the comments / suggestions.

It could be worse. You could buy a service loaner like I did... Get no formal delivery walk-around, etc because of internal process screw-ups... hold off on washing the car to make sure you don't introduce swirls, then bring the car into a detailer to install a clear bra and tint only to find out that your door and rear bumper has been repainted at some point... And the repaint doesn't match the other parts of the car and has dirt embedded all throughout the repainted areas. Of course this was never disclosed to me at any point (shocker)... Then once you report it to Tesla and they pretend like they don't know what happened and that somehow YOU repaired your OWN door then rather than holding whoever you "hired" to repaint the door accountable to the terrible job, you're trying to get Tesla to fix someone else's work... That's where I'm at right now.. oh and there's so much more to this story that would not only end the honeymoon, it would make you consider "lawyering up" as well as starting a YouTube channel just to share your experiences and warn other potential owners... That's where I am right now... so it can always be worse.

• Informative
Reactions: croman
It could be worse. You could buy a service loaner like I did... Get no formal delivery walk-around, etc because of internal process screw-ups... hold off on washing the car to make sure you don't introduce swirls, then bring the car into a detailer to install a clear bra and tint only to find out that your door and rear bumper has been repainted at some point... And the repaint doesn't match the other parts of the car and has dirt embedded all throughout the repainted areas. Of course this was never disclosed to me at any point (shocker)... Then once you report it to Tesla and they pretend like they don't know what happened and that somehow YOU repaired your OWN door then rather than holding whoever you "hired" to repaint the door accountable to the terrible job, you're trying to get Tesla to fix someone else's work... That's where I'm at right now.. oh and there's so much more to this story that would not only end the honeymoon, it would make you consider "lawyering up" as well as starting a YouTube channel just to share your experiences and warn other potential owners... That's where I am right now... so it can always be worse.

That is rotten. Hope you get addressed w/o need for lawyers.

No, I was specifically told that ended in 2017.
Not true, actually. My drive unit on my 2014 Model S85 went out last year (2020). Unable to drive it, I sent it on a rollback to Decatur, GA for $600. Once they determined it was the drive unit (still under factory 8yr warranty) they refunded me the $600 towing and the $185 diagnostic fee. They offered to have it sent back to me in Birmingham at no charge. Being a nice guy, I went and picked it up myself.

Reactions: SO16