Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Incredible Shrinking Frunk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I doubt that was the reason, I would suspect that they did it to simply production and increase gross profit margin. It is much easier if every car down the line gets the exact same parts.

There are many variations. It's not like every car is the same. I kind of doubt cost is an issue since they leave some of the extra parts in even if you don't order it with the large air filter. They just assumed everyone is going for the large air filter as part of the premium package.

I can still fit a carry-on suitcase in my frunk along with a few pairs of shoes and other small items. Probably my primary use of the frunk though is left overs from a restaurant. I don't want that stuff smelling up my cabin, so the frunk is perfect temporary storage until I can get home. Definitely still very valuable, for me at least.

Reactions: Trunk Gap and bmah
Stroller is one of the big reasons I couldn't give up my original frunk.
On our last family roadtrip my frunk contained:
- Baby Jogger City Elite stroller
- full case of diapers
- kid carrier frame backpack
- infant life jacket
- first aid kit
- tire patch kit and air compressor
- a few misc other items

On a new car, I'm not really sure how useful that frunk really is any more, it feels more like a gimmick now than a useful feature. Of course that could be said about many things Tesla changes...