Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The indignity of - Switching Off MY Fan!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When my Model S was delivered I could set-up the interior controls, just as I wanted them to be & for them to remain on the same settings after I parked it in my garage & would still be the same the following morning, or whenever I next used the car.

This was until some 'Smart Alec' (my polite description) in Tesla's software admin crew decided that he/she should decided that my fan was to always be switched off!

This is a bl**dy impopsition! Who gave this 'Smart Alec' techie the right to override & interfere with my settings???

I often now find, that in a hurrry to leave & not have the time to re-set my fan to my chosen level of ventilation, I'm driving along the Motorway/ Freeway finding that I'm feeling drowsy! WHY? Because there's NO FRESH AIR! Such drowsiness is both unwlecome & dangerous!!!

Please may we owners be given an overide of this mandatory switch-off? Thereby let us, the customers who've bought their own, yes their vehicle, not Tesla's, be allowed to have them set the way they decided?

Reactions: Russell
I feel the same way about the fact that I can't specify that I want the dash vents AND the feet vents active or that I want the top/defrost AND the feet vents active. I've owned cars for decades that I have set to defrost/feet with fresh air and I leave it there for years of ownership needing only the modulate the temp and/or fan speed as the ambient temps require. So, in my mind, if my Tesla would allow me this simple request and then add in being able to automatically control temp and fan speed I'd have the perfect setup for HVAC right? Nope! You get auto or you get to say where the air comes from... but not both. Smart car? Hardly.

OP, are you saying that your climate control is turned off whenever you get in the car? There is no option to leave the climate control on with the fan off, as the fan is needed for the climate control to work at all. My climate always returns to the last setting I used in the car, whether that be on or off.

As far as feeling drowsy while driving long distances, it's not for lack of oxygen.

Measurement of air exchange rate of stationary vehicles and estimation of in-vehicle exposure - PubMed

Reactions: Deanm0000
OP, are you saying that your climate control is turned off whenever you get in the car? There is no option to leave the climate control on with the fan off, as the fan is needed for the climate control to work at all. My climate always returns to the last setting I used in the car, whether that be on or off.

As far as feeling drowsy while driving long distances, it's not for lack of oxygen.

Measurement of air exchange rate of stationary vehicles and estimation of in-vehicle exposure - PubMed

Yes I'm constantly finding that my fan setting has been overidden, hence my indinant feelings! I wish my fan always returned as consistantly as you state yours does.

Recently, I've tried setting my 'Climate Control' to 'Auto,' but to no avail! I would welcome any suggestion of a setting that will stop this annoying overide/ interefence. I simply want the fan in my Model S to continue at my favourite setting of '5.'

I'm sure there is some oxygen in the car, but it's pretty obviouse once you turn the fan back on, that one has been breathing stale/ recycled air! That's NOT what I want. Unless I'm stationary or crawling, in heavy trafic in an urban metropolis, I want constant fresh air. PLEASE!

Reactions: Russell