Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The inevitable first ding

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1A43C504-0D6F-4EE5-A91A-BEA907BC29B2.jpeg

In your opinion guys is it even worth trying to get fixed. I’m also just furious because the addition of sentry mode has made my OCD worse and I always literally inspect any events that happen when I’m out and get back in the car.

The wife on the other hand could give two 💩💩 and just parks wherever , so my bet is on it’s totally her going out and either parking close to a store where it’s busy. I went back on sentry but with this new fangled wonderful firmware issue where sentry mode only works if you constantly reseat the USB in the glovebox every time can’t even have the satisfaction of seeing the wonderful person who would do such a thing

I had a sentry event where a woman opened her car door into mine, got out, bumping her car door into mine again, then asked her friend if my headlights just went off, pointing to the lights. She then proceeded to get her kid out the rear seat, hitting my car two more times. One woman, 4 dings. No one respects anything anymore. Sorry for your loss.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tes-londa
Now I don’t feel remotely as bad … omg 😂. I gotta see this video. Now even like my wife said. If I was able to catch the sentry event. Me personally I’d probably say something. But even then. Are they gonna pay to fix it ? And have you noticed that there’s been an issue with sentry recently? I actually called support they said it’s a known firmware issue. My external SSD has bricked or is now unreadable. The little Tesla thumb drive works occasionally.

Yeah. I put in a service request about it. Known issue. Also related to the music USB in the center console not being recognized (for those of us WITH working console USB jacks). They said the car is unloading the USB's. They'll fix it with an update. But of course, your headlights may no longer work after the next update, who knows.
This is why I waited 10 years to buy a Tesla. Give them a chance to get through these "teething" issues. But it seems like they just go on and on and on and on.
My Sentry video will playback about 1 out of every 4 events.

Reactions: Tes-londa
Same. They’re definitely a technology company first. We’re thinking of keeping this Y for maybe 3-4 years max and trade in for either a newer model or something else. We’ll see. We do love the platform and the car itself but like you said the bugs are seemingly endless

Yeah. I put in a service request about it. Known issue. Also related to the music USB in the center console not being recognized (for those of us WITH working console USB jacks). They said the car is unloading the USB's. They'll fix it with an update. But of course, your headlights may no longer work after the next update, who knows.
This is why I waited 10 years to buy a Tesla. Give them a chance to get through these "teething" issues. But it seems like they just go on and on and on and on.
My Sentry video will playback about 1 out of every 4 events.
And thanks again for your sharing of your experience also. Idk. I’m just meticulous and these things bother me. Ugh.

I had a sentry event where a woman opened her car door into mine, got out, bumping her car door into mine again, then asked her friend if my headlights just went off, pointing to the lights. She then proceeded to get her kid out the rear seat, hitting my car two more times. One woman, 4 dings. No one respects anything anymore. Sorry for your loss.
if you have her plate info you can file a claim against her and get it fixed without a ding to your insurance record.

Happened to me this week. Have the woman who did it on Sentry. I have her face staring at my car after she did it, chews her gum a few times while staring and then gets things from her car and walks away. I took a lot of pictures etc. I left her a note to call me about dinging my car but she never did. Wondering if I should file a police report or move on. (Her kids school magnet is on her bumper so I'm sure I can circulate pictures and find her also that way). argh!

Sentry mode captured a child opening their car door into mine. He noticed it and stared at the mark for a bit (all on the footage). Didn’t tell the parent who got out shortly after. No dent and only a small mark but it’s still painful to see it on a new car.