Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Inhumanity of the World Petroleum Trade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Diver: perhaps I used too many negatives in my first sentence. Try this reduction of it: "If you don't distinguish between fossil-C and non-fossil-C, you're wrong". 'Cuz that's what I wrote....and I can confidently say you agree with me. ;)

I love it that the dumb keyword based ad-banner and it's choice of ads to put up on this thread:
Capture.JPG

Tigeraids... Are you serious that the Tesla has no hazardous material? Talk about "educated". Think for a minute. Go inside your car and look around at the electronics and materials. Also, go look up the hybrid aluminum formula used in the frame.. See what is in that. Then, if you have metallic paint check out its formula.

As for coal.. As stated in the Midwest, coal supplies more than 60 percent of electricity in many states. Mostly because the whack jobs, funded by overlords who did not want more cheap energy for the manufacturing heart of the nation (my supposition), got all the newer nuc plant construction canceled or converted to coal.

If you want CO2 perfection, become Amish.

As for people being "carbon neutral... Many of your peers would say NO! We are like pigs and cows who emit more CO2 and methane than the "food we eat" offsets.

And what kind of food do we eat? Animal protein. Gee, that generated tons of CO2 and methane. And what about all the CO2 produced to process and deliver the veggies and meat for you to eat? I am sure you are NOT Amish who grows your own food and has no CO2 producing tools..

Fact is: EPA has registered CO2 and methane as pollutants. AND as such controls ALL emissions of both. That includes your warm air and gasses expelled.

Mostly because the whack jobs, funded by overlords...

Fact is: EPA has registered CO2 and methane as pollutants. AND as such controls ALL emissions of both. That includes your warm air and gasses expelled.

If the invisible whack jobs and mythical overlords have control over your breathing, it's probably a good time to be nice to them before they issue an edict to turn off your lungs.

Tigeraids... Are you serious that the Tesla has no hazardous material? Talk about "educated". Think for a minute. Go inside your car and look around at the electronics and materials. Also, go look up the hybrid aluminum formula used in the frame.. See what is in that. Then, if you have metallic paint check out its formula.

As for coal.. As stated in the Midwest, coal supplies more than 60 percent of electricity in many states. Mostly because the whack jobs, funded by overlords who did not want more cheap energy for the manufacturing heart of the nation (my supposition), got all the newer nuc plant construction canceled or converted to coal.

If you want CO2 perfection, become Amish.

As for people being "carbon neutral... Many of your peers would say NO! We are like pigs and cows who emit more CO2 and methane than the "food we eat" offsets.

And what kind of food do we eat? Animal protein. Gee, that generated tons of CO2 and methane. And what about all the CO2 produced to process and deliver the veggies and meat for you to eat? I am sure you are NOT Amish who grows your own food and has no CO2 producing tools..

Well gas cars have metal, plastic and computer chips too. It's not like they are built by unicorns and rainbows and EVs by pure evil. Sure, people contribute to pollution by everything they do but the goal is to minimize impact. An EV in the Midwest is still less polluting than a almost gas powered cars. If you count coal emissions and electricity generation against an EV and you are intelligent, you must count the energy and pollution to drill, transport and refine oil into gas and then the energy to transport that gas to the gas station. If you here for an honest discussion that is which I have my doubts.

If you want to live and have your kids grow up around coal plants then that is your right. You'd really rather get your power from a coal plant near your house than a mix of natural gas, wind and solar?

I don't really get quite a bit of this:

1. We know that gas cars are cleanest when new and deteriorate from there. They never get cleaner.

2. We know that electric cars get cleaner as the grid gets cleaned up.

3. We know that it's easier to clean up one large power source as opposed to a million small ones.

4. Why is it wacko to care about the other species on this planet? Right now it's the only planet we have, and other species have just as much right to existence as we do.

5. There is a difference between the carbon cycle of plants and animals as opposed to digging up carbon and burning it.

6. Everything we do impacts the environment. Making better choices reduces our impact. With luck the better choices will be enough.

7. While people have been burning coal for almost as long as there have been people, there haven't been seven billion of them as there are now.

8. You really, really don't want to see an ecosystem collapse. Here's a reference.