Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

'The Interview' will be released....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's a good start, after Sony and the major theatre chains initially caved. But it needs to be released online, for free, to the entire world. Give it to Netflix, iTunes, YouTube, Vimeo,and all online streaming video sites. Sony should suck it up and absorb the cost.

Otherwise we will think this was all a big publicity stunt to get more people to pay to see it.

I'm sorry. I don't get it.

Sony is a Japanese company. The release is strictly for their profit. Oh, boy, are we showing North Korea a thing or two.

The "comedy" is not funny. It is playing up killing someone just because they don't look like us, and don't happen to think like us. This is the problem all over, especially here at home in our country. Instead of trying to promote getting along with people we don't happen to understand, let's kill them. That surely sends a message. It sends it to your teenager. It sends it to my grandkids. It sends it to blacks, whites, middle easterners, macho women-hitting child-beathing big men. We are bigger than you. Ha, ha.

What ever happened to movies that made you proud, made you feel glad to be just, honest, pure? Oh, sorry. I guess those things are out dated.

I don't plan to go.

Sony is a Japanese company.

Sony is a multinational company, and Sony Pictures (formally Columbia Pictures) is more or less an American company.

- - - Updated - - -

The "comedy" is not funny. It is playing up killing someone just because they don't look like us, and don't happen to think like us.

Um... ok.. Kim Jong Il is just misunderstood.

This is the problem all over, especially here at home in our country. Instead of trying to promote getting along with people we don't happen to understand, let's kill them. That surely sends a message. It sends it to your teenager. It sends it to my grandkids. It sends it to blacks, whites, middle easterners, macho women-hitting child-beathing big men. We are bigger than you. Ha, ha.

Wow.

Fwiw, I have no intention of watching it (simply because it wasn't on my list of movies to see prior), but I am very very glad that Sony is releasing it. To not release it would set a bad precedent, allowing any hermit kingdom to attack businesses worldwide, with impunity. It was a criminal act against a worldwide company, that has a very large US presence (and Sony USA is an incorporated American ccmpany, btw, with separate systems and controls from the mothership).

I am worried that we're heading into bigger problems as a result of the initial hacking and subsequent response. Everyone is denying involvement (really, NK, you say it couldn't have been you because 'we don't know where the hackers live'??). And yet it escalates. I wonder if China put NK in the proverbial timeout with the internet blackout, as a reminder that they are not operating autonomously & sent private messages to that effect. That would be the very best scenario for all.

But nah, I'm not going. I may watch it on cable IF several bottles of wine or a good bottle of scotch is involved, with several friends. There is a time and place for bad movies.

Last edited:
I'm sorry. I don't get it.

Sony is a Japanese company. The release is strictly for their profit. Oh, boy, are we showing North Korea a thing or two.

The "comedy" is not funny. It is playing up killing someone just because they don't look like us, and don't happen to think like us. This is the problem all over, especially here at home in our country. Instead of trying to promote getting along with people we don't happen to understand, let's kill them. That surely sends a message. It sends it to your teenager. It sends it to my grandkids. It sends it to blacks, whites, middle easterners, macho women-hitting child-beathing big men. We are bigger than you. Ha, ha.

What ever happened to movies that made you proud, made you feel glad to be just, honest, pure? Oh, sorry. I guess those things are out dated.

I don't plan to go.

The message that I prefer to send to our kids and grandkids is that many good people died for their freedom, part of which means that movies, even those made in bad taste, can be made without government censorship. You can't do that in North Korea but that's the least of their problems. The Jong-un family has murdered, tortured and starved the good people of North Korea for decades. It is one of the most repressive regime on earth and we will all be better of with the death of its leader, Kim Jong-un, and having him murdered is not only fine by me, but I would celebrate it for the benefit of the people of North Korea. This has nothing to do with the analogies you make because it has nothing to do with race, gender or capacity. Tolerance has no place when it comes to evil.

North Korean prisoner escaped after 23 brutal years - 60 Minutes Videos - CBS News

Oh, boy, are we showing North Korea a thing or two.

Yes, we are showing them what freedom means. And don't kid yourself, this is a huge thorn in the side of Kim Jung-on and it's only a stupid comedy. Hence the Sony hack and attempts to thwart its release.

Last edited: