Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Island of Texas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This does not really affect me but I thought that you guys deserved your own thread !! I can feel some of your pain (just not as intense) here on the east coast.

Do you think the first connection off the island will be to Atlanta, Lake City or Salina ? :confused: [ducks] :smile:

We have a thread, but I'm happy to play.

Salina makes sense, but we haven't found any activity in or near Denton, TX, Ardmore, OK, or OKC.

We know there's activity along I-10 in Lake Charles, LA & Baton Rouge, LA. Given the perceived importance of cross-country routes, I think I-10 to Louisiana & Florida will be first. Would have loved to have this done by Thanksgiving or Christmas, but I'm doubtful that I'll have anything to be thankful for, or any presents on those days.

This does not really affect me but I thought that you guys deserved your own thread !! I can feel some of your pain (just not as intense) here on the east coast.

Do you think the first connection off the island will be to Atlanta, Lake City or Salina ? :confused: [ducks] :smile:

I predict a causeway through the bayous, with Lake Charles and Baton Rouge, LA starting soon...

Tesla has had the bridge to the east along the bayous on the 2014 map for a long time, which doesn't include the western link (though the northern one is on it too.)
Supercharge.info claims both Louisiana sites and the west Florida one are permitted already, which would only leave one somewhere in Mississippi to complete the chain...
Walter

Tesla has had the bridge to the east along the bayous on the 2014 map for a long time, which doesn't include the western link (though the northern one is on it too.)
Supercharge.info claims both Louisiana sites and the west Florida one are permitted already, which would only leave one somewhere in Mississippi to complete the chain...
Walter
No it also needs one in east Texas, and at 325 miles the Baton Rouge to DeFuniak Springs stretch really needs two.

I have heard there will be one near Slidell, LA where I-10, I-12 & I-59 all meet. I would say there will be one more between there and DeFuniak Springs, FL but have not heard anything on exact location.

Mike

Mobile, Alabama would be perfect then. It almost splits the difference between Slidell and Defuniak Springs.

I have heard from a reliable source that there will be a Supercharger in Mobile, AL.

My vote would be Salina as being the first connection from the Texas Island into the existing Supercharger "network".

Only three SpC would be required between Corsicana heading North to Salina/Topeka.
Even starting out in DFW, it still will require at least two more SpC to connect to existing locations in Kansas for an 85 -- a 60 would require 3 more.
AND then once you reach the "network" you can only head West, because the route East is still not connected to/thru St.Louis.

At least 5 SpC locations would be required from Texas heading East on I-10 in order to connect to Alabama/Florida/Georgia and East Coast.

My vote would be Salina as being the first connection from the Texas Island into the existing Supercharger "network".

Yes. Used it yesterday, and there were two other Teslas there as well. (Picture is from the trip up when we were the only ones charging.)

Salina_2014.jpg

Personally, I think they ought to keep all Texans on the island and not let them roam freely. If they are lonely we can send them a soccer ball!:tongue:

While generally a good policy, we're only talking about letting the mostly harmless ones with a MS off the island from time to time and only if they are not running a fever.

I would say we need one near Terrell, Texas and one near Shreveport, LA.

I know most of the MS owners are in DFW area but for people like us who drive from East Texas it will be helpful.

The HPWC's at Galleria are 50amps and last week I had to charge 1.5hrs @35miles/hr to get back to East Texas after a trip. What a waste of time?

I called TESLA to make sure nothing is wrong because I have twin chargers...but he told me that is what I can expect at 50amp circuit

I would say we need one near Terrell, Texas and one near Shreveport, LA.

I know most of the MS owners are in DFW area but for people like us who drive from East Texas it will be helpful.

The HPWC's at Galleria are 50amps and last week I had to charge 1.5hrs @35miles/hr to get back to East Texas after a trip. What a waste of time?

I called TESLA to make sure nothing is wrong because I have twin chargers...but he told me that is what I can expect at 50amp circuit

Yes, the HPWCs are 50 Amps at Northpark and the Galleria. I can only assume the reason is that they either wanted to put in a specific number of them and had so much power available, had building inspector issues, or had mall management issues.

While generally a good policy, we're only talking about letting the mostly harmless ones with a MS off the island from time to time and only if they are not running a fever.

Sure, it starts with them.

Next year it'll be them and all the ones with Model Xs too.

A few years after that you'll let out all of the ones with Model 3s.

It might never end... :p
Walter

(Did I mention my grandparents and Aunt are in Houston, though I don't get out to see them as often as I'd like?)