Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Journey Continues: Order Placed Today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SageBrush

REJECT Fascism
May 7, 2015
New Mexico
Today was a good day to part with $50k (before TTL, credits) for the Model 3 LR + PUP, silver with 18" wheels
I thought I would buy the SR+AWD but I decided to spend the money on longer range + winter wheels. I think over time it will prove to be a better value (in use, and perhaps market value) and now I don't have to wonder about the future tax credit amount. As a decidedly non-car kind of guy, this car also strikes me as most likely to be good for a long time. I'm expecting 10 years and hope for twenty.

I'll call Tesla tomorrow to sort out delivery. Denver and Phoenix are about 400 miles from me. I presume Tesla will offer to bring the car to me for an extra fee or I can pick up in one of those cities.

I would wait for them to call you. I called them 3 weeks after I configured and they told me to wait the full 6 weeks. I finally got the call the following week and set up the delivery date June 9th. Just don't get too excited. It's a long process.
Thanks for the advice.

I'm not impatient, I just want to give them adequate notice of my pick-up location choice, not the date.

You’re definitely over the minimum distance from a delivery center where they would allow home delivery. I’ve not heard of there being an extra fee for this service over a normal delivery. It’s part of the fixed destination & delivery fee that is part of ever purchase, even if you pickup at the factory.

• Informative
Reactions: SageBrush