Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Many people ask me questions about my car. Instead of answering all of them, I'm just going to make an FAQ thread about the questions.

This is my car. Her name is Dolores. She's a 2020 Stealth Performance Model 3 (not M3).

IMG_20200223_134822-2.jpg

IMG_20200223_134859-2.jpg

Alright, so here are the questions and my answers...

What front lip do you have?
- IKON Motorsports Carbon Fiber Front Lip available on eBay or www.ikonmotorsports.com

How does it attach? How's the fitment?
- It attaches with a strip of pre-applied 3M tape and 9 self-tap screws underneath. Fitment is damn near perfect.

What tint is that?

- 15% Llumar on the sides and back, 80% Llumar Air on the front windshield.

What kind of wheels do you have?
- They are 20" staggered (20x8.5 and 20x10) gunmetal Turbine replicas by EV Wheels Direct available at www.evwheelsdirect.com on 235/35/20 and 275/30/20 tires

What suspension are you on? Do you rub? How's the alignment? How much lower is it?
- H&R Sport Springs (PN: 28659-1). No it does not rub at all. Alignment is perfectly within spec without aftermarket parts. H&R rates it as a 1.2" drop all around on a full Performance model, since I'm the "Stealth" version on the standard AWD suspension, it's closer to 1.4".

Did the wheels affect your range?
- Marginally, about 7-8% less range offset by the lowered suspension helping range.

What paint did you use to paint your calipers and did you take them off?
- VHT Caliper Paint following their instructions then VHT Clear Caliper Paint atop them. I did not remove them, and masked things carefully instead. But you should remove them if you have the time/know-how.

Did you apply Ceramic or PPF?
- First it's very important to know those are two very different things. Ceramic Coating is hydrophobic and guards against chemical damage and damage from the elements like bird poop and hard water, while making it easier to wash because of the hydrophobic properties. It DOES NOT guard against scratches, nicks, or dents like most snakeoil salesmen online tell you. PPF will guard against scratches and nicks. I have both. The front end is done in Suntek self-healing PPF, then the whole car was coated with 3 layers of CarPro CQuartz and maintained with CarPro Reset Soap and CarPro Reload Sealant Spray. I did the coating myself, and the PPF cost about $800.

Did you wrap your chrome trim yourself? What kit did you use?
- Yes I did wrap it myself, it's extremely easy if you have semi-steady hands and patience. I used the Nikola Pro gloss black trim kit, it is by far the best value kit and the best designed. The backing strip on each piece is cut into multiple pieces making it VERY easy to apply in sections. I would highly recommend their product.

Status
Not open for further replies.