Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The LA Sales & Service center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Chris Paine's Tesla arrives in L.A. Apparently Sig #23

My Tesla arrives in Los Angeles! | Revenge of the Electric Car
It’s alive! It’s alive! It’s alive!

My brand new silver all-electric Tesla Roadster sportscar (#23) arrived by truck in Los Angeles yesterday. Shrouded in plastic and tucked into the back of a semi with three other Tesla’s, it waited to be rolled onto the streets of Los Angeles.

My nervousness turned to pure joy as it eased down and I got to drive it into the showroom for its final set of checks. Wow! What a beauty.

It’s been five years since my last silver all electric sports car, a GM EV1, was infamously destroyed. Since then, I’ve had the pleasure of driving a Toyota Rav-4 EV conversion. But this week takes me right back to car heaven. America’s first ground-up design pure electric sportscar since the EV1 arrives again. Hurrah!!

img_0563.jpg

Also covered by AutoBlog Green: Chris Paine's Tesla Roadster arrives in LA - AutoblogGreen

Interesting that they spill so many customer cars out onto the showroom floor in L.A. compared to what they do in Menlo Park. I assume it is mostly that they have so much less room.
Not sure what you mean. These days they keep plenty of customer cars that are ready for pick-up or delivery in the Menlo Park showroom. It certainly looks better from the street.

Oh? Maybe I am out of date. The last few times I have been in Menlo Park the showroom had mostly VPs. The customer cars were crammed bumper to bumper in the service area. I guess that is just luck of the draw the few days I have gone by Menlo Park recently.

Oh? Maybe I am out of date. The last few times I have been in Menlo Park the showroom had mostly VPs. The customer cars were crammed bumper to bumper in the service area. I guess that is just luck of the draw the few days I have gone by Menlo Park recently.

See photos here. They do clear out the showroom when there's an event there than evening, which seems to happen fairly often.

I was down in LA for the past few days taking the kids to Disneyland, and visiting my dad down the street from the Tesla LA store.

I snapped a couple of quick pix of the store at night:

3135088542_4df6b26a90_b.jpg

3135088606_41081e4b4f_o.jpg

some trivia: "The Deuce" was coined as a double entendre by Tom O'Leary because EP2 was very unreliable and worn out so it was becoming increasingly difficult to use for sales. That was just prior to the sales fleet being refreshed with VP9 and 10.

Stopped by the L.A. store on Saturday to see the Model S in person and overheard a Telsa employee speaking with a customer about the size of the store and service area (which is quite small considering it services the entire L.A. area). The Tesla employee mentioned that they will probably be relocating the store in the next 2yrs to a larger location.

I vaguely remember them saying something to that effect at the LA Store opening. And the same for the Menlo Park store since it is a short-term lease. Both were temporary spaces while the company is still growing/changing. I wonder if that will be the case with the NY and Chicago stores too?