Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The LA Sales & Service center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"Is the upperone for real?"

I stopped by there on Thursday 11/11/07. The building is really hopping with demo and construction crews running big equipment. Pretty cool to see all the activity inside the new cocoon surrounding the building.

The "billboard" was not there at the time. It looks fake to me but it's a good idea though.

teslastore478a.jpg

tesla.500.jpg

Last edited:
I'm glad to see some good news on the Tesla front...it's been a brutal couple of weeks. It'll be interesting to see if they have an open door policy for Joe Public, or if they require any credentials for getting into the store...like a minimum income or net worth.

It was just a white construction face 3 weeks ago. I drove around back to see the activity out back. Looks like the have a 4 car gargage across the back alley for storage.

It's exciting. Not exciting like Led Zepplin or Van Halen getting back together, more like christmas eve anticipation exciting.

Last edited:
Nice find TEG.

The long horizontal one seems more suited to the building they have ended up with in SM.
Note in the cascade of pictures there are different proposed design treatments. The billboard in the upper right became a Tesla ad too. Should be fun to see which it becomes. On the inside renderings they look like frames from a CGI “fly through”. Looks like there might be grass or bamboo in the door panels. Computers have a hard time doing “warm and cozy” like Elon XXXXXX

As for the building, the giant black Roadster "billboard" was very cool. Even my wife who was with me driving by on Christmas Eve was excited to see the "reality" of the larger than life Roadster where 100's of thousands of cars pass by every day. I took pictures and it's a good thing. Last night when I went by the giant Tesla was gone. Maybe a bit late to be secret about it!

The wife was equally thrilled that the Tesla dealership was next to three (count 'em, 3!) coffee shops. Starbucks, Peets, (her favorite) and The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf. Lot’s of competition for that java machine Elon wants to install in the store.

There was an articlel I read a while back that the LA gov't officials were making Tesla take the sign down, seems it violated some city ordinance about construction site signage.

So I wouldn't look for any great insights from the fact that the big Tesla is no longer there. Just normal gov't bureaucracy at work.

I was in stop and go plodding on the 405 freeway this week and stuck my camera out to grab this

Attachments

• tiny tesla store 3.jpg
    tiny tesla store 3.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 63
  • tiny tesla store 4.jpg
    tiny tesla store 4.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
How do I make my images bigger on this site? The originals are 50 inches across at 10 meg. In order to upload I have to shrink them dowm to 3 inches and 97K which is a site bit more than a thumbnail.