TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

The Last Fill Up

Discussion in 'Tesla' started by Driver Dave, Dec 9, 2016.

1. Driver Dave

Driver Dave Member

Model X coming next week to join the Model S. Last time I'm filling up.

No more having to put flammable liquid fuel into the car so it can make fire for its portable power plant... like putting coal into a steam engine. Ug the smell...

IMG_0386.JPG

No more getting scammed to pay more the "premium" liquid fuel. Actually I should really write """""premium""""" . It deserves many more air quotes.

IMG_0388.JPG

No more getting yelled at about carting that flammable liquid fuel around. If it is that unlawful and dangerous, why are we making every one self serve it? Maybe we should just get rid of it?

IMG_0389.JPG

And yeah, I get it, somehow your flammable liquid fuel is better than other flammable liquid fuel so I should pay more...

IMG_0390.JPG

Liars.

And no more paying way way too much for this liquid fuel to countries that may actually fund other people that want to blow all of us up. Sorry middle east, the party is over. Get to work and go invent something good for the planet.

IMG_0387.JPG

And finally, no more taking way too much carbon out of the ground, burning it inefficiently in old gas engines, putting it in the air, where it upsets the balance of the air.

Call me conservative, but I like the air having the same amount of carbon that it did 300 years ago.

Anyway, good bye "filling up". Can't say I liked our time together. And happy it is over.

• Like x 21
    • Disagree x 1
  2. wesley888

wesley888 Member

I did just the same few days ago while driving my trading in car to pick up my model S. The low fuel light came on, so I put in $4 of gas and drove to the Tesla store. :)

• Like x 4
  3. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker S 90D 2017.28 c528869

I just did my last fill-up last week! I still have 3/4 of a tank left but figure that will last me until I finally sell the CR-V in the spring. I could sell it before then but I'm only a few months away from my 20 year anniversary of owning it so I figure I can hold onto it a bit longer.

• Like x 2
  4. AudubonB

AudubonB Mild-mannered Moderator Lord Vetinari*

A fine post, DriverDave. The world needs more conservatives like you.

• Like x 2
  5. OlderThanDirt

OlderThanDirt Member

Not only today will be happy, but every time you drive by a ga$ $tation from now on.

No more sense of dread, no more tightness in your chest, no more "what on earth am I doing Here!!"

I swear our Tesla has added years to my life!!!!

• Like x 3
  6. SUMD

SUMD Member

Great post- enjoy the rides! :)

• Like x 1
  7. RobW2428

RobW2428 Member

Filled up for my last time this Monday. I tweeted it with a pic of my hand sliding the credit card in for the last time. I'm pumped (completely intended pun)! Pickup my Model S in three days.

• Like x 3
  8. David29

David29 Member

It certainly is a great feeling to know that you won't be at gas stations again (except maybe to get gas for a lawnmower or in my case to use the car wash). I hope that my retirement financial situation allows me to keep my Tesla and stay in the EV world.
    One other thing that I have realized since I got my Tesla a year ago is that I am even less tolerant now of all the people who seem to leave their vehicles idling when they really don't need to. Every delivery vehicle (except UPS trucks), craftsman's pickup truck, and Diesel truck, in particular, seems to idle even if the vehicle will be parked for much more than the legal limit for idling (15 minutes in this state). And the smoke those Diesels make! I seem to be noticing it more. And of course the trucks and buses are much heavier polluters than the cars ever were -- not as tightly regulated, and they appear to put out huge clouds of exhaust that seems not to be very well filtered. Discouraging!

• Like x 2
  9. Sparky22

Sparky22 Member

Very well put together Driver Dave. I still have lot of fill ups before my 3 arrives.

• Like x 1
  10. ApauloThirteen

The smog check and oil change stations will also miss you. Buh bye.

• Like x 1