Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Last Fill Up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model X coming next week to join the Model S. Last time I'm filling up.

No more having to put flammable liquid fuel into the car so it can make fire for its portable power plant... like putting coal into a steam engine. Ug the smell...

IMG_0386.JPG

No more getting scammed to pay more the "premium" liquid fuel. Actually I should really write """""premium""""" . It deserves many more air quotes.

IMG_0388.JPG

No more getting yelled at about carting that flammable liquid fuel around. If it is that unlawful and dangerous, why are we making every one self serve it? Maybe we should just get rid of it?

IMG_0389.JPG

And yeah, I get it, somehow your flammable liquid fuel is better than other flammable liquid fuel so I should pay more...

IMG_0390.JPG

Liars.

And no more paying way way too much for this liquid fuel to countries that may actually fund other people that want to blow all of us up. Sorry middle east, the party is over. Get to work and go invent something good for the planet.

IMG_0387.JPG

And finally, no more taking way too much carbon out of the ground, burning it inefficiently in old gas engines, putting it in the air, where it upsets the balance of the air.

Call me conservative, but I like the air having the same amount of carbon that it did 300 years ago.

Anyway, good bye "filling up". Can't say I liked our time together. And happy it is over.

It certainly is a great feeling to know that you won't be at gas stations again (except maybe to get gas for a lawnmower or in my case to use the car wash). I hope that my retirement financial situation allows me to keep my Tesla and stay in the EV world.
One other thing that I have realized since I got my Tesla a year ago is that I am even less tolerant now of all the people who seem to leave their vehicles idling when they really don't need to. Every delivery vehicle (except UPS trucks), craftsman's pickup truck, and Diesel truck, in particular, seems to idle even if the vehicle will be parked for much more than the legal limit for idling (15 minutes in this state). And the smoke those Diesels make! I seem to be noticing it more. And of course the trucks and buses are much heavier polluters than the cars ever were -- not as tightly regulated, and they appear to put out huge clouds of exhaust that seems not to be very well filtered. Discouraging!

Model X coming next week to join the Model S. Last time I'm filling up.

No more having to put flammable liquid fuel into the car so it can make fire for its portable power plant... like putting coal into a steam engine. Ug the smell...

View attachment 205093

No more getting scammed to pay more the "premium" liquid fuel. Actually I should really write """""premium""""" . It deserves many more air quotes.

View attachment 205091

No more getting yelled at about carting that flammable liquid fuel around. If it is that unlawful and dangerous, why are we making every one self serve it? Maybe we should just get rid of it?

View attachment 205090

And yeah, I get it, somehow your flammable liquid fuel is better than other flammable liquid fuel so I should pay more...

View attachment 205094

Liars.

And no more paying way way too much for this liquid fuel to countries that may actually fund other people that want to blow all of us up. Sorry middle east, the party is over. Get to work and go invent something good for the planet.

View attachment 205092

And finally, no more taking way too much carbon out of the ground, burning it inefficiently in old gas engines, putting it in the air, where it upsets the balance of the air.

Call me conservative, but I like the air having the same amount of carbon that it did 300 years ago.

Anyway, good bye "filling up". Can't say I liked our time together. And happy it is over.
Very well put together Driver Dave. I still have lot of fill ups before my 3 arrives.

Reactions: Driver Dave