Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The last straw

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd wait even longer and see when/if the self driving gets released. What happens if they later decide they need a 2nd or 3rd radar to safely achieve level 5?

Maybe they thought about that and priced it accordingly such that they could retrofit additions later, if necessary, when they cost less. (As long as they planned for it with the wiring harness.)

Glad you were able to get your P85 back. No excuse for delivering a new car in that condition.

Thanks. I got the car back this morning, and even after spending several weeks in a P100D loaner, I still love it. The P85 is actually smoother and quieter at high speeds (anything over about 85 MPH). I thought I'd miss Autopilot, but I don't. So for anyone who has AP1 and is bummed about missing out on AP2, just remember -- it was still a great car with AP0. The P100D launches are great fun, but really more of a party trick. In 2+ years, I've never once felt that my P85 lacked sufficient power in real-world driving.

Finally, a tip of the hat to Tesla for going above and beyond. I had some curb rash on the right wheels, and Tesla repaired it free of charge. Thank you, folks. I hope to be in the market again soon.

Reactions: davidc18
I'd wait even longer and see when/if the self driving gets released. What happens if they later decide they need a 2nd or 3rd radar to safely achieve level 5?

The current product description for FSDC is very comprehensive.
In fact, I think Tesla should have hedged more on the capabilities of AP 2.0.

If it turns out that you actually need AP 3.0 and a 2nd or 3rd radar to achieve Level 5, then I suspect there will be some lawyers suing over the description provided in AP 2.0.

I really want to see Tesla succeed but they still have some improvements to make, in terms of build quality and service. I recently posted a video of my Model X Build Quality:

And I intended it to be a informational video on my experience with the car and Tesla but I am receiving hate mails for backlashing Tesla and I am told to delete the video.