Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Latest Elon Musk Promise

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Elon Musk tells Norway energy conference he is aiming to have Tesla's self-driving technology be ready by year-end​

'Elon Musk said Monday he is aiming to get the EV maker's self-driving technology ready by year-end, and said he hopes it could quickly be in wide release in the U.S. and even Europe depending on regulatory approval'

As someone who spent 7000€ for this facility two years ago on similar promises and is now watching that money go down the drain on a trade-in, I'm not particularly impressed. Please note, I am based in Europe and not the USA where at least there has been some real beta-testing.

More info:...

Market-Watch

Reuters

Screen Shot 2022-08-30 at 5.31.23 PM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
'Elon Musk said Monday he is aiming to get the EV maker's self-driving technology ready by year-end, and said he hopes it could quickly be in wide release in the U.S. and even Europe depending on regulatory approval'

As someone who spent 7000€ for this facility two years ago on similar promises and is now watching that money go down the drain on a trade-in, I'm not particularly impressed. Please note, I am based in Europe and not the USA where at least there has been some real beta-testing.

More info:...

Market-Watch
I would happily bet its not happening this year, and I would consider a bet for not happening next year either!

I'm glad I researched (for the UK at least) what EAP and FSD actually give you.... I basically came to the conclusion of not a lot or at least for EAP not a lot I'm going to be bothered about missing out on for £3.8k..

And FSD is another £3.2k on top for vague promises that are miles of happening in the UK on the basis or regulations alone..

So this I'm high doubt this promise is ever going to happen in the timescale stated especially in the UK and the EU

Reactions: Rooster6655
I get the impression that Musk says these things because he believes that this is what is selling cars. A certain portion of sales are probably based on this hollow promise of autonomous driving. But despite their faults, they're good cars without this drivel.

Reactions: MashinBenzin
The tweet this is referring to in text for those who don't want to go there:

"2 main goals this year: - Starship to orbit - FSD wide release Many other things, of course, but those are the 2 giant kahunas. Will require insane work by many super talented people, but, if anyone can do it, they can. It is an honor to work with such awesome human beings.

7:55 AM · Aug 22, 2022·Twitter for iPhone"

and the link:
BTW - there is no promise, just a setting of priorities...

The FSD package has gone up a lot in the US recently, could be that they are close or that it’s just worth more in it’s current state vs other markets. If you are in Europe I wouldn’t gamble on it being ready any time soon.
Or it could be that he likes putting FOMO into people so they order it at the old price. Eventually enough people will wise up and realize that FSD is far away.

Reactions: Durzel