Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The latest referral award program totally stinks!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

boonedocks

MS LR Blk/Blk 19”
May 1, 2015
Gainesville GA
For those of us that have owned Tesla's for 4-5-6-+ years...for those of us that have put, in my case $350k in Tesla's coffers - Well the latest referral program, looking specifically at number 4, really spits in our faces.

4 Qualifying Referrals:
Priority Access to Vehicle Software Updates
Be the first to experience the latest Tesla software updates with priority access to selected releases.

WTF!!! Timely software updates should NOT have to "earned" or "bribed" This is just fundamentally wrong on Tesla's part and we should speak our voices.

..and on a side note how does this even make sense when Elon publicly said "We will add a feature to allow request of latest software version"

Elon Musk on Twitter

Somebody needs to get their facts and customer relations fixed at the mother ship!!

I understand why your upset, and I think your sort of correct. BUT just a guess here but I think lots of people in these forums would absolutely be giddy with early access to releases early like that.
Just read some of the comments from people waiting on V9 as an example.
To each his own I guess.

Just a little perk to show appreciation for your referrals.

You will also be able to send them any picture you wish, and they will laser etch it onto a glass piate and send it up on one of the SpaceX rockets into outer space. Something that no other company in the world will offer.

I do not know of any other auto manufacturer that offers anything at all for owners that send them referrals.

Well at least you don't live in British Columbia where we cannot reap any referral rewards. We are exempt.
That really sucks!

"Program and awards are conditional on and subject to local laws and regulations. Unfortunately, residents of British Columbia are not eligible to receive referral awards."

• Informative
Reactions: Cowby
For those of us that have owned Tesla's for 4-5-6-+ years...for those of us that have put, in my case $350k in Tesla's coffers - Well the latest referral program, looking specifically at number 4, really spits in our faces.

4 Qualifying Referrals:
Priority Access to Vehicle Software Updates
Be the first to experience the latest Tesla software updates with priority access to selected releases.

WTF!!! Timely software updates should NOT have to "earned" or "bribed" This is just fundamentally wrong on Tesla's part and we should speak our voices.

..and on a side note how does this even make sense when Elon publicly said "We will add a feature to allow request of latest software version"

Elon Musk on Twitter

Somebody needs to get their facts and customer relations fixed at the mother ship!!
Remember the early solar token prize which doesn't exist? That was a waste of a referral. They also can't get the powerwalls out. It is a terribly run program.

Reactions: outdoors
I’m just gonna say, spending $350k on luxury goods for your own enjoyment isn’t exactly philanthropy that confers some entitlement. You purchased a product and received it.

Tesla clearly thinks they are at a point where they can minimize financial investment in the referral program. Good for them. Seems like a positive step in the right direction.

I’m just gonna say, spending $350k on luxury goods for your own enjoyment isn’t exactly philanthropy that confers some entitlement. You purchased a product and received it.

Tesla clearly thinks they are at a point where they can minimize financial investment in the referral program. Good for them. Seems like a positive step in the right direction.
I think you misunderstood and that's okay...It's called loyalty to your current customer not entitlement. smh smh

There were some pretty bad scenarios for those who already had some referrals but still needed another one or two.

Those who had 3 referrals before the program changed would've been trying for the 4th referral to get the arachnids and would've gotten the solar roof token as their third referral prize. Now, it looks like they won't have a chance to get the arachnids and will only get early software releases if they get a 4th referral. Is that correct?

A friend had 5 referrals, qualifying him for a Powerwall and an invite. One of his orders cancelled. Now if he gets a 5th referral again, he'll only get the invite (which is appreciated) but no Powerwall. :(

Serious question: As has been mentioned by some above, do *any* other car manufacturers offer a reward program?

FWIW, I'd be happy to give referrals if the only "prize" was getting more people in EVs. (All the while, of course, enjoying the heck out of my S. :) )

Reactions: outdoors
Got my third referral in the spring, fourth in September. Due to all the rule changes I’ll now be getting two pairs of 22” turbines to sell. I’m not complaining (well would be nice to be able to pick a winter set) but what a bizarrely run program.