Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Latest USB Player Issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Pruitt

Pontificating the obvious
Jun 27, 2014
Casper WY
Yesterday another USB player issue cropped up.
Everything was fine Saturday when I put the car in the garage. When I began driving Sunday, I noticed that there's no progress bar on the IC for the song being played, and it also doesn't show the artist or album title anymore. It also no longer shows the song title - it shows the file name instead. For example, it used to show "Thriller," and now it shows "8 Thriller.flac."
On the player screen in the main console, the progress bar shows up for a split second, then goes blank. But the times are all screwed up when it does appear, showing things like starting at 1:30 and ending at -2:20. WTH?
Also, I see 0 albums, 0 artists, 0 genre, over 3000 songs (about right, and 295 folders (also about right). I removed the stick, then reinserted it. Player went through the entire load process, with no change to the display. I rebooted the main console twice, with no change. I rebooted the IC AND the main console after parking the car - no change again. I took the stick into the house and deleted a few albums - after reloading, still no change.
I've reformatted the stick and loaded just a few albums, but haven't had a chance to try it out again.

Anyone else seen this? If so, were you able to fix it? Any idea of the cause?

By the way - no software updates since the +5 was added back to autosteer.

Yesterday another USB player issue cropped up.
Everything was fine Saturday when I put the car in the garage. When I began driving Sunday, I noticed that there's no progress bar on the IC for the song being played, and it also doesn't show the artist or album title anymore. It also no longer shows the song title - it shows the file name instead. For example, it used to show "Thriller," and now it shows "8 Thriller.flac."
On the player screen in the main console, the progress bar shows up for a split second, then goes blank. But the times are all screwed up when it does appear, showing things like starting at 1:30 and ending at -2:20. WTH?
Also, I see 0 albums, 0 artists, 0 genre, over 3000 songs (about right, and 295 folders (also about right). I removed the stick, then reinserted it. Player went through the entire load process, with no change to the display. I rebooted the main console twice, with no change. I rebooted the IC AND the main console after parking the car - no change again. I took the stick into the house and deleted a few albums - after reloading, still no change.
I've reformatted the stick and loaded just a few albums, but haven't had a chance to try it out again.

Anyone else seen this? If so, were you able to fix it? Any idea of the cause?

By the way - no software updates since the +5 was added back to autosteer.
Post this question here;
Comprehensive USB Bug List

• Helpful
Reactions: Andyw2100