Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The letter to Tesla...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys.. Its been a month.

Recently I'm really disappointed and frustrated by the Tesla Service Center of Lake Forest... They are hard to contact, no update to customer, and most important, they let me wait for month to fix their damage to my 3. And guess what, STILL NO CONTACT AND FIX.

I'm just speechless at this point, never had this kind of experience with BMW or Toyota in the past years. I know there is already a lot of complanit about how tesla serivce is bad. But you don't experience by youself, you don't know. right?

If Tesla doesn't cauth up their service level, no more than 2 years, Tesla will be out of business after other luxury car brand start selling their EV cars.

This is the letter I write to Tesla...

Hi,

My name is *******. The owner of Tesla Model 3. Last Six Vin: *****. Last service center: Lake Forest Tesla Service Center. Service B.A.R.# ********. Service Pro-forma number: ********. Service Invoice number: *******.

I have to make complaint to my last service experience. I can't deal with Tesla Service at Lake Forest any more. It is been one month since I request Tesla Service Center at Lake Forest to fix the damage done to my car that they made during my service time. From Oct 23 to Nov 15, no one contact me, no one come to fix the damage. I contact Manager at Lake forest service center many times, he guarantee me to fix the damage, but he never make his promis. No apology at whole time. Both Front Desk Agent and Manager didn't say any apologize to me when every time I spoke to them about the damage and the repair time.

My car was turned in to service center on Oct 21 due to broken trunk lid and noise coming from inner driver side door panel. After I pickup my car on Oct 22, I noticed multiple damage around front driver side area. The driver side inner door panel got dent mark. Driver side B pillar trim got deep scratches. The paint under driver side door got scratched and the door metal already showed up, it is a very deep scratches and all the paint is gone, it could get rust if I don't know there is a bare metal by the paint scratched out.

After I report those problem to the servicer center on the day I pick up the car(Oct 22), Manager says he will send out the mobile team to fix all the damage. I also asked, do I need to make another appointment by my self to get things fix faster. And he says No need to make another appointment. Ok then, I wait. After one week waiting(Nov, 3), no one contact me. Didn't hear any thing from manager, didn't receive any call from Mobile service. So I called in on Monday(Nov, 4). Manager pick up the phone, says he will order the part and the paint and once he gets the part/paint he will send his guy to my address to fix the car. Wait a sec. I already waited one week, and the manager says he "just" order the part? Its Nov 4. The day I talk to him and let him know there is damage is Oct 23. After 10 business day and he just order the part? What is going on? I just waste a week of waiting? Ok. I try to be as patient as possible. At least manager says he just ordered the part. So I waited another week with no one call me AGAIN, Nov 11, I walked in to the service center of lake forest. Manager says he still waiting on the parts. I ask for ETA, he don't have it. So do I just wait for ever I ask? Its already been 15 business days since I report the damage made by your tech, and you still want me to keep waiting? And he said yes, also there is nothing he can do.

It is Nov 15 today. 18 business days since I report the damage to the service center, and still no one contact me or fix the damage. Manager gived me his email, but never reply to me. No one picking up the phone call at Lake forest Service Center. Its just a chaos. At least , the manager should call me, and let me know he is still waiting on the parts, right? But no. I just got ignore. Unless I try every number I can find on Tesla support page and try to talk to him. It is REALLY hard to got contact with this service center.

This is really a new low for me. Serious damage during service. Manager try to delay the time. Hard to contact. No update to customer unless I call in to ask. Not a single apologize during the whole time. I never had this bad experience with any BWM service center in LA and Orange county area over 12 years. I had two X5, one X5 M, one M3, one M5. None of them giving me hard time like this. This make me feel I made a big mistake to go on with Tesla. I even ordered Tesla solar panel and powerwall after I got my brand new Model 3. But I already canceled my order now, due to the customer service issues. I can't imagine how long it would take for me to wait if my solar panels or roof is need Tesla to send stuff for repairs or customer service.

I'm a new Tesla customer, and I love the brand. I basically call myself a fanboy of tesla. I recommend Tesla to all my family and friend after I got the new car. But this low level of customer service experience is not accpetable. I really hope this complaint can make some change to Tesla. And I belived I'm not the only one who had this level of bad experience with Tesla service center. The customer didn't pay for the service torture like this. We love Tesla, we want Tesla be better. So we write letter to you. So we take time to let Tesla know what is going on to there service center. Please bring some attention to your service quality control.

I know Tesla is trying to get more bussiness in China. But if Tesla maintain this level of service. Its not going to work. Alos if the damage to my Model 3 didn't get fix, I'm consider to report all those North American issues to my media friends in Beijing. He will love to hear me talking things like this. I don't want to do this, but if I have no choose. Just as I mention above, I love the brand and the car, I recommend this brand to all my family and friends. But not anymore if this is how Tesla taking care of their customer and how I got treated after I been a fanboy. I will try my best to keep love with Tesla.

My ending of the Oct and half of the Nov basically ruined by this service center. Its drag in my energy so much. I can't deal with Tesla Service at Lake Forest any more. I am really disappointed and frustrated right now. I hope The Customer Support can help me out.

Please contact me if you need more info.

Thank you

I will see how Tesla Customer Support reply to me and update with you guys.

Last edited:
I had an alignment service performed at Rocklin, CA and they either curbed the left front wheel or damaged it during the alignment service. Its on the edge and I didn't notice it on pickup because it was pointing down towards the pavement. I didn't notice it until the next day. Since I can no longer prove it happened during service, I'll guess I'll try a DIY fix....

Hope you can get some response to your issue soon...

It’s been a month now since a deer jumped in front of my wife’s Buick, and I still don’t have my vehicle. The body shop doesn’t have the parts yet, and it will be at least 3 more weeks once they arrive. The answer from GM has been “the parts get here when they get here.”

Even still, I don’t think Buick is going out of business any time soon.

I had an alignment service performed at Rocklin, CA and they either curbed the left front wheel or damaged it during the alignment service. Its on the edge and I didn't notice it on pickup because it was pointing down towards the pavement. I didn't notice it until the next day. Since I can no longer prove it happened during service, I'll guess I'll try a DIY fix....

Bummer. I always walk around my car to look at it closely before I get in it at the service center. That's what they do whey I drop it is off, so if I spot any damage during leaving, it's easy to point it out to them that it likely occurred while in the shop.

Sorry for the bad experience. I think it's good idea to remind everyone that once you pull into the parking lot; get out, pull out your mobile and turn on selfie video and state the date, time, and reason for going to the SC all while filming the SC itself in the background. Then flip the camera around and go over every inch of the exterior (including the underside) and interior noting any issues. I'll even open the web browser to the current cnn.com or other news homepage so there is a sense of the day it was recorded.

I think this is good advice with any manufacturer as I'm sure there are cases like this with them all but we just don't hear about them.

Bummer. I always walk around my car to look at it closely before I get in it at the service center. That's what they do whey I drop it is off, so if I spot any damage during leaving, it's easy to point it out to them that it likely occurred while in the shop.

Thanks for the advice. I've now learned my lesson and just a cursory walk around the car isn't enough. I should have run my finger around the lip of the wheel, which is what I will do next time.

I'm just not used to the Rocklin Tesla Service Center. Check in is a free for all. They never had me sign anything for the service after arrival and when it was done, no copy of the work order. It was just here's your key card and the car is outside. Thought maybe they would email me something like mobile service. Either that, they realized they damaged the wheel and were trying to get me out of there (I hope that's not the case though..).

It’s been a month now since a deer jumped in front of my wife’s Buick, and I still don’t have my vehicle. The body shop doesn’t have the parts yet, and it will be at least 3 more weeks once they arrive. The answer from GM has been “the parts get here when they get here.”

Even still, I don’t think Buick is going out of business any time soon.

Just reading on the Volt forums a 2017 Volt has a 'shift to park' issue that requires a new shift harness for repair. The owner has been waiting for 7 weeks already and the part is not expected for another 2 weeks at the minimum. I knew Volts were prone to this when we got our 2016. Our local Chevy dealer only has 1 or 2 certified Volt mechanics on staff.