Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The limitations of online Tesla news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Many other "news" sites seem to be replicating this misinformation. It gives you a sense of where these online "journalists" are sourcing their information—from each other! All they had to do was log onto Tesla's web site and read the press release.

So they're all a bunch of lazy morons:) And I always thought the first responbility of a journalist is to check and verify the sources.

As a member of the journalism profession, I can tell you MANY just regurgitate now, versus doing their own reporting or at least checking.
Having said that, we didn't air it at all.

Sometimes this is quite funny. When the 2001 Prius was introduced one journalist made an error that anyone who actually sat in the car would have noticed--I forget just what it was, but it was very obvious. Almost every other "hands-on review" had this same error.

Things have certainly changed in that "field"...back in the day, there was a guy who hailed from your neck of the woods who was the standard to measure all others against...(H.L. Mencken)

Were he still with us, Mencken would have some a very entertaining but sharply critical insights about "journalism" today.

Where are the H.L. Mencken's of our time? I guess the closest we can get is The Onion.