Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The List: 4 Cars for Architects

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

brianman

Burrito Founder
Nov 10, 2011
The List: 4 Cars for Architects
Edmunds reader said:
I'm an architect. While I have never owned a Saab, many architects I have known have owned them. I merely lusted for them. I think the appeal came down to just a few things...
1. [Saabs] had a distinctive design (more the 900 than the 9-5). Architects want to be known for their sense of design.
2. [Saabs] had unusual thinking and features. Architects want to encourage the different. Designing derivative colonial buildings -- whether commercial or residential -- can be profitable but is not inspiring and brings no joy to the task.
3. Performance. Especially the 9-5. Architects want to be known as, if not practical, at least being capable of recognizing and using high performance equipment. It is a badge of technological competence.
4. [Saabs] spoke of success with an intellectual accent.
Warren Clarke said:
2012_tesla_model-s_sedan_signature_s_oem_5_500-thumb-196x130-124816.jpg

1. Tesla Model S
So apparently, architects like unusual thinking, and it doesn't get more unusual than an electric car. The Model S brings a whole new world of practicality to the electric-car segment, thanks to the superior range offered by its lineup of batteries. With most electric cars, range is less than 100 miles, but the Model S offers three batteries of varying sizes, with ranges of 160, 230 and 300 miles. The Model S also offers impressive performance; with the largest battery, the car rockets from 0-60 mph in just 4.4 seconds. This handsome luxury car makes a distinctive style statement as well, with muscular sheet metal that makes a sporty yet elegant statement.

Sadly the picture is once again of the prototype. :mad:

Last edited: