Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Long Way Round... Summer Roadtrip to Gigafactory Party

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Glad that you enjoyed the posts @Jeff N . Hope to see you out there on the road driving on Electrons. What is your current MPG on your Volt?
Um, only 96.4 mpg. A little embarrassing. I have a long daily commute and wasn't able to fully charge during the day at work for a period and also spent a year or two making extra side trips that resulted in driving ~120 miles a day. Plus a number of long road trips that were 85% gasoline including two trip across western Canada from San Francisco and a mega-trip out to Ohio and back.

I've put 137,500 miles on the Volt of which 84,000 were on battery power. But, I've been mostly driving on low-carbon California electricity and am now on a 100% renewable energy utility plan. I'm looking forward to ditching the gas engine a few months from now when I can get my Bolt EV (likely followed by a Tesla M3 at a later date).

Um, only 96.4 mpg. A little embarrassing. I have a long daily commute and wasn't able to fully charge during the day at work for a period and also spent a year or two making extra side trips that resulted in driving ~120 miles a day. Plus a number of long road trips that were 85% gasoline including two trip across western Canada from San Francisco and a mega-trip out to Ohio and back.

I've put 137,500 miles on the Volt of which 84,000 were on battery power. But, I've been mostly driving on low-carbon California electricity and am now on a 100% renewable energy utility plan. I'm looking forward to ditching the gas engine a few months from now when I can get my Bolt EV (likely followed by a Tesla M3 at a later date).
If you're looking at Bolt EV... You'll be interested in looking at my twitter account (or the @OCTeslaClub one) for tweets from yesterday's pop-up EV meetup we had...

Thanks, I watched the periscope videos. It looks like you had fun.

How would you summarize your impressions based on what you learned?

Blog post after our media friends get theirs out, but I have to say that I'm impressed with the "build quality". It's a solid, real car. Not a luxury one, but a good car and glad that it's going to be out there. I think it's a better fit for my mom (who has a 3 reservation, but she WANTS a Tesla, not a Chevy).

Some of the tech is good, no level of autonomous on the car makes us also skip Chevy. We want an EV, Autonomous, and the long distance network, so, we're keeping our 3 reservation.

Reactions: Jeff N