TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

The Ludicrous Cubby Flyout Situacion

Discussion in 'Model X' started by HabitualUser, Nov 5, 2018.

Tags:
  1. HabitualUser

HabitualUser Member

When I go pedal to the metal, my third-party cubby often flies out. Does anyone have a hack to keep the cubby in place?

I see some vendors selling cubbies that lock, but they are pricey and not that attractive.

2. thimel

thimel Member

Reply, I don’t have a cubby drawer, but I have an ID badge I keep on that shelf. I have a refrigerator magnet stuck to the badge and one stuck on the shelf to prevent it from flying out. Maybe something similar will work for you. I don’t know if there is enough space in your case.

3. kak1154

kak1154 Member

I have the RPM Tesla one. It doesn't "lock," but it slips under the lip enough to stay in place and it's never slid out on me. I don't think it's much/any more expensive than the rest of them.

4. GalaxySurfer

GalaxySurfer Life, The Universe and Everything.

Ive never had any issue with mine either, im pretty sure its a "topfit" or "tesla home" that being said.

"Norm" from this site actually handcrafts the best boxes availible.

Search Norm cubby

5. outie

outie Active Member

[​IMG]

• Funny x 2
  6. LoveEV

LoveEV Banned

I have the same issue, I am thinking to stick on flat magnets on the cubby drawer and the far back of the cubby that should keep it in place.

7. GalaxySurfer

GalaxySurfer Life, The Universe and Everything.

Well yeah, double sided tape and velcro strips are a tesla owners best friend.

I use velcro to hold on my door scuff guards, and double sided tape for my accent/mood lighting strips (mounted under the seats) my dash mat is also held down by velcro.

All exterior stuff i used 3m double sided tape
    (Side mirror/turn signal covers) 15415073226868143995961894484036.jpg 15415073889712222405191643671947.jpg 15415074493422673393350250868867.jpg