Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The M3 Photo Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's pretty much where I am. The blue looks striking on the Tesla order page, but in other photos it looks dare I say it dull? I'm sure in bright sunshine it looks lovely but then so will other colours too.

I originally (1/5) ordered MSM but on 2/5 went to have a look at a Dutch LHD they had brought over for the showroom at West Drayton. It was blue, and admittedly under showroom lighting, but it looked stunning. Immediately changed my order to blue. Haven't actually got it yet but have great hopes. Certainly try to see a blue in the flesh before you decide

• Informative
Reactions: RjbT3
Couldn't take the car ;)

Screenshot (121).png

• Funny
Reactions: Thomami
Are you allowed to go out there in a private vessel?
Yup, unless they are working on them, then there is an exclusion zone - we couldn't get close to the support vessel working on the transformers in the distance on the right.
When photo was taken, we were bow on to one of the towers - you can see the blade top left. Its Rampion Windfarm, 400MW, 55m long blades and full tilt, powers half of Sussex. We have even bigger ones now, I think we may be up to 100m blades. A bit bigger than my 4kW of PV.

Wow! Was it scary to be out there? What kind of vessel were you on?

The Wild Horse windfarm (in my photo) has Vestas V90-2.0 MW turbines. I was absolutely terrified to be underneath one while it was operating at (almost) max speed. I can't even imagine being near a turbine with 100m blades...

I think we may be up to 100m blades

12MW Naycelles and 110m blades I believe are the largest now in production.

The area of the sky being swept per turbine is approx 9.5 Acres.

So - Why oh Why are we building a new nuclear reactor? Sorry kids - another fine mess for you. Personally I would rather not build it and just pay the contract out.

Hinkley Point C nuclear power station - Wikipedia

"EDF has negotiated a guaranteed fixed price – a "strike price"– for electricity from Hinkley Point C of £92.50/MWh (in 2012 prices)"

"In December 2013, Jim Ratcliffe, the chairman and CEO of Ineos said he had recently agreed to purchase nuclear power in France at £37.94 (€45) per MWh and warned of the Hinkley Point C project: 'Forget it. Nobody in manufacturing is going to go near £95 per MWh'."

EDF must be laughing so hard - apart from when their Reactors in France start to get a bit hot in the heatwaves...

Reactions: Roy W.
12MW Naycelles and 110m blades I believe are the largest now in production.

The area of the sky being swept per turbine is approx 9.5 Acres.

So - Why oh Why are we building a new nuclear reactor? Sorry kids - another fine mess for you. Personally I would rather not build it and just pay the contract out.

Hinkley Point C nuclear power station - Wikipedia

"EDF has negotiated a guaranteed fixed price – a "strike price"– for electricity from Hinkley Point C of £92.50/MWh (in 2012 prices)"

"In December 2013, Jim Ratcliffe, the chairman and CEO of Ineos said he had recently agreed to purchase nuclear power in France at £37.94 (€45) per MWh and warned of the Hinkley Point C project: 'Forget it. Nobody in manufacturing is going to go near £95 per MWh'."

EDF must be laughing so hard - apart from when their Reactors in France start to get a bit hot in the heatwaves...

Wow, thanks for the read, new information to me. What's the current status of the project?

Also to OP: sorry for derailing the thread and for posting non-UK M3s whoops :oops: I'm new here

• Love
Reactions: Stew: