Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The M3 Photo Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Circa fifty three years of motoring evolution…

View attachment 670475
Here’s my ‘65 Morris Cooper.
Won’t bother to post a picture of the M3SR+ as I guess most of you have a M3 or at least are very familiar with what one looks like😁
B1C24A85-E47A-41F6-B6C1-A418170A7EDC.jpeg
7DF1CC62-D74E-4589-8375-446A9B5530CE.jpeg

Love the Mini. As someone who has owned both (multiple Mini's although not a Cooper), if I know if I wanted some driving enjoyment which one I would be choosing. It may be 'fifty three years of motoring evolution' but a backward step in driver experience. I would probably give the Mini a miss on the Motorway though. Cars have got far too big.

The Mini is a good friend’s, great fun but a tad agricultural for a long trip would agree. As also pointed out by another friend, with its centre instrument cluster there’s nothing really new in motoring… :)

Love the Mini. As someone who has owned both (multiple Mini's although not a Cooper), if I know if I wanted some driving enjoyment which one I would be choosing. It may be 'fifty three years of motoring evolution' but a backward step in driver experience. I would probably give the Mini a miss on the Motorway though. Cars have got far too big.
Yes, its not really suitable for modern motorway traffic, it can get hairy when a large commercial vehicle comes alongside you and the top of its wheels are about the same height as the roof on the mini :eek: but its just as much fun as the M3, just in a different way (you have to drive IT, It doesn't drive you)
BUT it doesn't drive you mad with things that don't work as they should either, there were never that many things to work properly on a mini when it was new, never mind after the best part of 60 years later.😂

Reactions: EVMeister
Yes, its not really suitable for modern motorway traffic, it can get hairy when a large commercial vehicle comes alongside you and the top of its wheels are about the same height as the roof on the mini :eek: but its just as much fun as the M3, just in a different way (you have to drive IT, It doesn't drive you)
BUT it doesn't drive you mad with things that don't work as they should either, there were never that many things to work properly on a mini when it was new, never mind after the best part of 60 years later.😂

There are roads around here where a Model 3 Performance would be seriously embarrassed by an old Mini! The width of the road means the Mini can dive round a corner without a worry that they won't be able to squeeze past a vehicle coming the other way. They can also straighten out S bends whereas the wider car has to go around them like individual corners. Once you get onto a bigger straighter road the M3 is gone over the horizon of course!

You might be surprised about how much a good condition Mini Cooper S goes for!

Modern times ... modern times ...
(My first Mini was £60 ... knackered of course and lasted less than a year before I got £10 from the scrappy for it! (Mind you an old Fiat we scrapped 5 years ago, which was still a "runner" with lots of useable bits, turned out to be worth £0 from the scrap merchant.)

One week and one day old and decided to take her for a photo shoot. Only problem was the amount of flies on the front when I got there, it was clean from the wash I give it just before setting off for this place. Oh well, gives me an excuse to go back again and bring my wash stuff with me this time

Attachments

• 31D81C24-D19B-46B3-9802-86A568F91292.jpeg
    31D81C24-D19B-46B3-9802-86A568F91292.jpeg
    296.9 KB · Views: 83
  • C07B55F6-5908-45EF-8A38-AD41DFF14A65.jpeg
    C07B55F6-5908-45EF-8A38-AD41DFF14A65.jpeg
    380 KB · Views: 83
  • F74540FD-2E63-4992-B743-CA1EB2A3483E.jpeg
    F74540FD-2E63-4992-B743-CA1EB2A3483E.jpeg
    443.1 KB · Views: 75