Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The M3 Photo Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay, so here's mine from Tuesday:

First is my car in the handover centre, taken moments after I set my eyes upon it for the very first time. <3

carinshowroom.jpg

Second is my car out in the wild. I know it was badly parked, but I was in a hurry to jump out and take my first proper photo of it:) BTW, I've now seen three Model 3s parked in the local streets, so I can dispel any illusions of being special.

caronstreet.jpg

Third is my car squeezed into my garage and charging. Doesn't look it on the photo, but when I say squeezed I really mean squeezed - 15cm either side of the doorway with mirrors folded, and 9cm front and back with the garage door closed. Standard UK sized garage though (way too small to fit a Model S). Hope to experiment with the summon when I summon up the courage. For now I'm just relieved it definitely fits. And I know the garage looks a bit shabby, despite costing way more than the car, but I haven't got around to getting it painted yet (the 2 year saga to get electricity installed kind of drained my enthusiasm for it a bit).

caringarage.jpg

Mine is 4m, which is alas 1m too short. I did ask them to change it but they said 4m was standard (I was always intending to buy a longer one anyway as I can't always park right outside my house).

Thanks, that's really useful. I live on the wrong side of a semi detached house for the charging port so sounds like I will need to buy a longer one. I can't believe how expensive they are!

First is my car in the handover centre, taken moments after I set my eyes upon it for the very first time. <3

View attachment 442144

Second is my car out in the wild. I know it was badly parked, but I was in a hurry to jump out and take my first proper photo of it:) BTW, I've now seen three Model 3s parked in the local streets, so I can dispel any illusions of being special.

View attachment 442145

Third is my car squeezed into my garage and charging. Doesn't look it on the photo, but when I say squeezed I really mean squeezed - 15cm either side of the doorway with mirrors folded, and 9cm front and back with the garage door closed. Standard UK sized garage though (way too small to fit a Model S). Hope to experiment with the summon when I summon up the courage. For now I'm just relieved it definitely fits. And I know the garage looks a bit shabby, despite costing way more than the car, but I haven't got around to getting it painted yet (the 2 year saga to get electricity installed kind of drained my enthusiasm for it a bit).

View attachment 442147
Looks like a job for super-summon! ;)

Reactions: m-i-l

View attachment 442144

View attachment 442145

View attachment 442147

How is the SR+ Model? I see everyone raving about the P and i tried to work out the sums but i cannot justify it.
My SR+ should be here 27 Aug - be great to know your experience with it?

View attachment 442473 View attachment 442474

Here is mine. Now has PPF on front half and Ceramic coating on the rest.

Looks great. I went between blue and red for a while before selecting red, even if my usual preference would lead me to blue. Yours looks fabulous.

When you say PPF on the front half, what exact areas do you have the PPF applied to? I was discussing this with a pro detailer today and he was recommending PPF on the front bumper area as a priority as there is no grill and that’s where stone chips tend to occur, with ceramic coating elsewhere. Similar to your solution I think.