Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The M3 really drives like what they say

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have strongly considered buying an M3 (most likely an sr+) for sometime now and we finally made it to a dealer to test drive one. Going in, my thinking was that it was likely excellent, but unlikely to be as good as people have said. I figured it was fanboy talk. Wrong. It was very impressive, driving like no other car i have tested, feeling like it was on rails with stupid acceleration. Everything was very intuitive. I thought the ride was fine, not feeling overly stiff to me.

i am completely sold now. I will be ordering one in the spring.

I have strongly considered buying an M3 (most likely an sr+) for sometime now and we finally made it to a dealer to test drive one. Going in, my thinking was that it was likely excellent, but unlikely to be as good as people have said. I figured it was fanboy talk. Wrong. It was very impressive, driving like no other car i have tested, feeling like it was on rails with stupid acceleration. Everything was very intuitive. I thought the ride was fine, not feeling overly stiff to me.

Well..... Told ya' welcome aboard

Reactions: Kleenerth3

Sounds so familiar! LOL. It's the test drive I hear too many times that is the clincher. Like you, even tho it looks like a super track car, the ride isn't going to require a kidney belt.:p
The clincher for me was how safe and in control the car feels regardless if my foot is on the floor or not. AWD helps and I've gotten used to the feel of the AWD systems in our Saabaru, which sold me for good on AWD's.
Enjoy your new soon to be 3 and keep us posted on all the latest. Welcome to the forum and catch you on the threads. :cool:

HIGHLY recommend the longer range model. Just my .02.

This is the way I felt the first time a drove a Tesla (MS P100D). Tested M3..... even more sold than the previous S road test. I have owned dozens of cars over the years and Tesla vehicles just provide a modern driving experience that is truly phenomenal.

Welcome to TMC and welcome to the future. :cool:

Reactions: Tron 3
Many of us didn't discover the amazingness until after we bought. Brave souls who reserved in spring 2016 and subsequently ordered without ever being behind the wheel. But it is indeed an amazing experience, regardless whether you get to do it before or after ordering! Quite a car.

So I have to take exception with one thing on your post:
I will be ordering one in the spring.
What are you waiting for? :p