Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The M3 terrifies BMW

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Agreed. Dell was still a year away from launching in Australia when Compaq started telling us all how bad they were, and I think the same when I see this. That they don't use Tesla's actual name doesn't obscure who they're talking about, and completely acknowledges and therefore validates Tesla as a direct competitor.

If this keeps up Tesla can avoid advertising for a bit longer.

And you bring up another mistake; bad idea in advertising to tell people (at least some of the population) that the 'other' product sucks. That just makes me want to go investigate the other product to see if your advertising is actually true - my experience is that often the advertising isn't exactly true, it's at least slanted/exaggerated/missing vital info.

I'm starting to get idea that Tesla will never have to advertise (conventionally) at this rate.

And you bring up another mistake; bad idea in advertising to tell people (at least some of the population) that the 'other' product sucks. That just makes me want to go investigate the other product to see if your advertising is actually true - my experience is that often the advertising isn't exactly true, it's at least slanted/exaggerated/missing vital info.
Usually you advertise what you are weakest at. Examples: High quality, because otherwise people would just assume your products had that characteristic. A real estate development named Sunny Valley is likely to be located in a fog belt.

Reactions: Red Sage
"It's the car you've been waiting for... Without the 'wait'."

God, that's horrible. I've never been 'waiting for' a BMW 3-Series, and certainly not the GIMPed BMW 330e. And, my taxes will be done another 20 or 25 times if I were to wait for the long range performance oriented plug-in ELECTRIC car of my dreams to arrive from BMW, AUDI, Mercedes-Benz, Jaguar, Lexus, Infiniti, Acura, or whomever else among traditional automobile manufacturers. These guys never, ever, EVER should have produced these commercials. Because once 'The WAIT' is over? It will be salespeople at BMW's 'independent franchised dealerships' that will be WAITING... to see if any Customers will darken their doorways.

Reactions: Model S M.D.
"It's the car you've been waiting for... Without the 'wait'."

God, that's horrible. I've never been 'waiting for' a BMW 3-Series, and certainly not the GIMPed BMW 330e. And, my taxes will be done another 20 or 25 times if I were to wait for the long range performance oriented plug-in ELECTRIC car of my dreams to arrive from BMW, AUDI, Mercedes-Benz, Jaguar, Lexus, Infiniti, Acura, or whomever else among traditional automobile manufacturers. These guys never, ever, EVER should have produced these commercials. Because once 'The WAIT' is over? It will be salespeople at BMW's 'independent franchised dealerships' that will be WAITING... to see if any Customers will darken their doorways.