Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The many colors of Midnight Silver

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am surprised there has not been more discussion about MSM white vs. black interior. That is what I am trying to decide currently. Most of the posts have been about maintenance or lack there of with white seats. But what do people think of MSM with white interior purely from aesthetics perspective? I personally think the combo looks really good, but am worried in community where people don't show off with their cars it will come off too showy.
I ordered MSM with white interior and I think the contrast looks great.

I am surprised there has not been more discussion about MSM white vs. black interior. That is what I am trying to decide currently. Most of the posts have been about maintenance or lack there of with white seats. But what do people think of MSM with white interior purely from aesthetics perspective? I personally think the combo looks really good, but am worried in community where people don't show off with their cars it will come off too showy.
I just took delivery of the MSM with White and it is not too showy. It looks great and is so unique. I had an MSM with black interior as well and that looked great, but having had both, the white takes it to another level. at first I was worried about the grey headliner and the black armrest not blending well, but it is a non-issue.

Reactions: mikevbf and nvx1977

MSM White interior here. Love it love it LOVE IT!!!! Feels great and really takes things to the next level for me.

But, no kids, dogs, and am not a slob in my car.

Funny thing is people at work are scared to ride bc of the white (for fear if getting it dirty). Prob a good thing they don’t ride then!

Better efficiency and if they’re scared their bottom will mess up the seat than it’s definitely better for my interior!! LOL

Reactions: nvx1977
Not mine. Saw it in the lot waiting for its new owner, but had to take a picture for reference.

Attachments

• IMG_20180825_165519.jpg
    IMG_20180825_165519.jpg
    305.7 KB · Views: 857
I just took delivery of the MSM with White and it is not too showy. It looks great and is so unique. I had an MSM with black interior as well and that looked great, but having had both, the white takes it to another level. at first I was worried about the grey headliner and the black armrest not blending well, but it is a non-issue.
could you possibly post a photo showing the exterior and interior together?
thank you!

236503A0-05F0-4162-81B2-F815075D1B68.jpeg
05010B16-7636-4DAB-9DC0-E7C28E897AF1.jpeg
3346D170-9527-410E-BBCA-1207E4CF4D89.jpeg
EBA73E8F-680E-4822-BB7A-E96FBAB03617.jpeg

I received my midnight silver with white interior this past Friday. Saw pictures online and it made me switch from black interior. Really happy I went the white route. Also the dashboard trim is really nice. This is what was originally stopping me from ordering white. It looks and feels good and of quality.

• Love
Reactions: Acps110 and GaryC
No more Metallic Silver and Black... Tesla to eliminate some paint options to increase production efficiency, gives last chance to order

“In order to increase our production, delivery and service efficiency, we will be removing Metallic Silver and Obsidian Black Metallic as paint options from our online vehicle configurators for Model S, Model X and Model 3. This will be effective on Thursday, September 13, 2018, after which Metallic Silver and Obsidian Black Metallic will be offered only as limited edition colors via special request at a cost of $2,000 only until Friday, September 21, 2018.”

No more Metallic Silver and Black... Tesla to eliminate some paint options to increase production efficiency, gives last chance to order

“In order to increase our production, delivery and service efficiency, we will be removing Metallic Silver and Obsidian Black Metallic as paint options from our online vehicle configurators for Model S, Model X and Model 3. This will be effective on Thursday, September 13, 2018, after which Metallic Silver and Obsidian Black Metallic will be offered only as limited edition colors via special request at a cost of $2,000 only until Friday, September 21, 2018.”

Funny thing is the color is Silver Metallic... With ours in this thread as Midnight Silver Metallic. I'm guessing they mean the Silver Metallic variety (AKA Traditional Silver).

View attachment 333503 View attachment 333504 View attachment 333505 View attachment 333507

I received my midnight silver with white interior this past Friday. Saw pictures online and it made me switch from black interior. Really happy I went the white route. Also the dashboard trim is really nice. This is what was originally stopping me from ordering white. It looks and feels good and of quality.

Thanks for posting these. I will be picking mine up on Saturday as long as no unforeseen issues. I also have the White Interior with the Midnight Silver Metallic. I was only able to see a black performance version with white interior on my test drive for a couple moments.

The midnight silver metallic is not rare. I have one too and I agree it looks good but it is the most popular color and they are not getting rid of it. They are getting rid of the silver metallic (lighter silver) which is the least popular color. Probably why they are getting rid of it.

Damm car value just went down. Lol

My last car was that liighter silver and I liked it but it doesn’t feel right on the M3

So torn on this color or saving money and going the base set up!

I battle back and forth between SR+:
MSM/White Interior/Sport Wheels-$41k
MSM/Black Interior/Aeros-$38.5k
Black/White Interior/Sport-$38.5k
Black/Black Interior/Aeros-$37k

Goal: drive this 3 for 3 years until the Y hits full production. So I balance the plethora of options!

Help me! :)

So torn on this color or saving money and going the base set up!

I battle back and forth between SR+:
MSM/White Interior/Sport Wheels-$41k
MSM/Black Interior/Aeros-$38.5k
Black/White Interior/Sport-$38.5k
Black/Black Interior/Aeros-$37k

Goal: drive this 3 for 3 years until the Y hits full production. So I balance the plethora of options!

Help me! :)

I've got an LR MSM/Black Interior/Aeros. Zero regrets!

• Love
Reactions: JeffnReno