Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The many ways to open a MY door from inside or outside

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Back in 2005 when GM redesigned the C6 Corvette they included fully ELECTRIC door releases (from INSIDE and OUTSIDE) and window INDEXING. Tesla positioned the door release button in the exact same spot. The difference is where they positioned the emergency release leavers. On the C6 vette they were down along the outside of the seat track. Essentially if you let your arm drop and hang naturally your fingers would find the release lever. Tesla could have saved them selved some time and money by coping that design or something similar.

Back in 2005 when GM redesigned the C6 Corvette they included fully ELECTRIC door releases (from INSIDE and OUTSIDE) and window INDEXING. Tesla positioned the door release button in the exact same spot. The difference is where they positioned the emergency release leavers. On the C6 vette they were down along the outside of the seat track. Essentially if you let your arm drop and hang naturally your fingers would find the release lever. Tesla could have saved them selved some time and money by coping that design or something similar.
I don't know, I think I'd rather have it where you would normally reach for one in an emergency. It's much less an issue now that the window retracts a bit.