Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Menlo Park sales/service center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As for the Dodge Magnum, it was there for just a couple of minutes. Some people stopped to take a look at the Roadsters.

I was staying at a nearby hotel, and so was in the area of the Store several times Sunday before I left, and I noticed that there was a steady stream of people stopping to take pictures, gawk, etc. It was a pretty busy place for being closed!

Tesla Motors Opens Second Store in Menlo Park, CA - MarketWatch

The Tesla Store Menlo Park is open to the public Tuesday through Saturday from 10AM to 6PM and Sunday 12PM to 5PM. Test drives are available by appointment only.
Tesla's first Northern California showroom opens Tuesday in Menlo Park - San Jose Mercury News
[Tom] O'Leary [Menlo Park store General Manager] said the Los Angeles store takes one reservation a day, and predicts the Menlo Park showroom will do about the same amount of business. Unlike typical showrooms, however, a Tesla test drive requires a $5,000 deposit, so he expects a lot of looky-lous.
Tesla is leasing the Menlo Park building, Niazmand said, and spent less than $1 million on the remodel.

Last edited:
Tesla Roadster's Photos - I Can Has Tesla Roadster? | Facebook

n18790602800_627104_5.jpg

On my way home last night, I stopped by the store right before they closed. There was only one car on display (the light blue one) and the cars in the back were off limits. I'm definitely glad I went to the opening last Saturday, I would've missed out otherwise.

Last weekend, they had 2 customer cars in the showroom, an electric blue one and a dark green one. I was told the blue one was for Sergey Brin's wife.
There was a car available for test drives so I took it for a spin on Sand Hill Rd and 280. I had never driven it before. Needless to say, I had a lot of fun. The car sits low but visibility is pretty good. The car isn't as silent as I thought it would be, you can definitely hear the electric motor. The acceleration is simply outrageous, unreal, ridiculous, pick your superlative. On the freeway onramp, I had to take my foot off of the "gas" pedal after only a few seconds, this car is dangerously fast. And it doesn't even have the new transmission :biggrin:

2727360070_fe7961d5ff.jpg

2727355354_a541d1636c.jpg

2726533907_c48b808206.jpg

More pics here.

Last weekend, they had 2 customer cars in the showroom, an electric blue one and a dark green one. I was told the blue one was for Sergey Brin's wife.

I took these pics in the back garage the end the store opening party. Zak asked me to sit on the photos for about a week, so I did.

2738763664_611c791012.jpg
2737925985_8b7f26ec10.jpg
2738765164_1f563b346e.jpg

Two customer cars, F00010 (signature green) and F00012 (electric blue). Zak said the blue car was Sergey's second Roadster. Though it's part of the Founders' Series, it doesn't have the Founder's plate on the side "as per the customer's request." In the last shot you can see EP1 and EP2 in the back.

If that's what it looks like when they're doing 4 a week, how are they possibly going to manage doing 20-25 a week?
I'd say this is a nice problem to have :biggrin:
They probably have some offsite storage where gliders wait for their introduction to Mr. Drivetrain and Mrs. Battery.

Last edited by a moderator: