Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Miami, FL - SW 7th Street

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Larry Chanin

President, Florida Tesla Enthusiasts
Aug 22, 2011
Sarasota, Florida
Brickell location has been found - the lower level of the Brickell City Centre underView attachment 258367 View attachment 258368 View attachment 258369 ground parking garage in lots A2 (10 chargers below Saks 5th Ave) and C2 (15 chargers north side of the garage). Parking is free for the initial 2 hours in this garage. The electrician I spoke with working on the installation estimated they’d be ready in a month.
This is a great location for people living/working in Brickell/downtown Miami, but visitors will have a hard time finding them. This garage is huge, so it’s unlikely there will be de-ICEing issues with these.

This is the first urban Supercharger location in Florida and appears to have a total of 23 charging stalls. Urban Superchargers have a lower capacity than Superchargers located allow major highways, 72 kW versus 120 kW.

Here's the vicinity:

Brickell Supercharger Vicinity.jpg

Larry

Last edited:
I went to Brickell City center today.

The cabinets for the 10 chargers below Saks on level A2 are in place. The cables have not been installed although they are all present. All the equipment is physically installed but not connected. The site is not directly visible since it is covered with protective screening. I went behind, but could not take photos because my guide was exceedingly nervous that i was there at all.

The 13 cabinets on C2, Aisle 10 are being wired right now. there were several electricians working connecting the wiring. They would not allow photos either. They did say they expected to complete their work on both sides before December 15, including inspections after which FPL still must complete their connection and turn on power. The electricians said they and Swire Group (Brickell City Center is theirs) were intent on having them all working before Christmas.

We'll see. It seems plausible because the infrastructure was designed for the installation when the building was being built, they said.

The C2, Aisle 10 should be complete now, whether FPL and Tesla have finished or not. Below Saks on A3 might be also. I called Swire but could not get any up-to-date information. I'm anticipating your photos.

Heading down from Toronto to Miami in a couple of months and will probably hit this place up for a charge. Though, I'm looking at the google street view and can't seem to find the entrance into the garage. Is the entrance on SW 9th St? Or somewhere else. Any info would be great, thanks!

Heading down from Toronto to Miami in a couple of months and will probably hit this place up for a charge. Though, I'm looking at the google street view and can't seem to find the entrance into the garage. Is the entrance on SW 9th St? Or somewhere else. Any info would be great, thanks!
There are entrances on SW 8th (which is one-way eastbound) and SW 7th (one-way westbound). Once you are in the garage, the trick is finding the ramps down to the lower level - the signage is very poor!

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: jbcarioca and Shaz
Hello all! Proud new Model S owner and I wanted to spread some news here on the Brickell Chargers....

I went by today to visit my brother and drove down myself to see them. The only thing missing here is for them to turn the power on. Just like the last set of pics showed, everything is painted, installed and ready to go. I parked to try to charge but none were operational :(

HOWEVER! Please note that up until today, City Center would allow 2 hours free parking but THAT IS NO LONGER THE CASE. Starting today its, $3 for the first hour and $3 every hour afterwards. This sucks but hopefully they will allow validation from the stores and it will help the cause...

and FYI, all entrances for the parking lots connect. its one big parking lot underground. So find any entrance (Theres about 5-6) and head to the lower level of the parking lot to find the chargers. I go by here weekly so once I see them working I will update...

20180101_155636794_iOS.jpg
20180101_155648416_iOS.jpg
20180101_155657347_iOS.jpg

The news article is misleading in that it suggests that the Supercharger Station is operational.

According to a club member who lives nearby, as of 4:30 pm today the power was not on.

He reports that there are 10 on one level and 13 on the other level.

Larry