Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Model 3 - 2020 Q3 Order Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They probably have a much more stress free experience by just going with the flow :)

We’re all just impatient - eventually we’d be contacted by Tesla’s processes :)

I agree! In some ways, I wish I hadn't seen the forum!

I've just received this text. Hanging onto every little drip and drop of information from Tesla does feel like an earlier poster said - like some abusive relationship!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-08-28 at 11.57.10.png
    Screenshot 2020-08-28 at 11.57.10.png
    188.9 KB · Views: 107
I agree! In some ways, I wish I hadn't seen the forum!

I've just received this text. Hanging onto every little drip and drop of information from Tesla does feel like an earlier poster said - like some abusive relationship!

Haha it could mean they have a car for you and want to match you but you haven’t finished filling in the details - the first car I had to decline they allocated to me hours after I finished those steps (I was delaying filling them in as I couldn’t take delivery before August anyway) :)

Haha it could mean they have a car for you and want to match you but you haven’t finished filling in the details - the first car I had to decline they allocated to me hours after I finished those steps (I was delaying filling them in as I couldn’t take delivery before August anyway) :)

It was to add my driver's license. There wasn't an option to do this before.

Who knows! :)

L
I’m picking my car up on Tuesday but I’m a bit concerned after reading the story on BBC News today that I will need to have a chip implanted in my brain or bring a pig with me or something.

Please could someone clarify.

“The processor in her brain sends wireless signals, indicating neural activity in her snout when looking for food. “

It sounds like he has found a way of telling when someone wants a cookie. Could be a cure for obesity, the brain starts thinking about food so the chip send a signal to give you a shock and stop looking for food.

I’m picking my car up on Tuesday but I’m a bit concerned after reading the story on BBC News today that I will need to have a chip implanted in my brain or bring a pig with me or something.

100% true.

Your delivery instructions should have informed you to not eat anything before 7am on the morning of collection and to pack an overnight bag.

Just had my “delivery acceptance sign online” email through, to accept car on behalf of company fleet/lease company etc.

It will have to wait until collection day as it requires me to confirm the car I’m receiving is what I ordered, bit tricky when I haven’t seen it yet !

That only applies with FSD. Newest version includes a chipped pig's head in a jar strapped to the bonnet. Robotaxis will have full pigs as chauffeurs.

Reactions: c7carl
Blimey it’s all kicking off.

Email received re: collection signing, missed call 3 mins from Tesla before that was sent and a text confirming full VIN and reg.

That’s the second unsolicited contact I’ve had from Tesla since first ordering in Nov 19. Awesome.

Haha... I got the missed call, text message with registration and "reminder" to pay - but no invoice :) Then got a call from someone to confirm I knew I was booked to collect the car on wednesday... followed by a random email link to Adobe Sign with zero instructions - but I have assumed I'm meant to sign it electronically when I check the car.

Reactions: OneTinyFish
I will be waiting till I collect the car before signing that declaration.

Anyone doing the excel spreadsheet check while at the service centre, or waiting till they get home?
Not seen the excel checklist, but assume it’s similar to the Word document that I saw on a thread here yesterday.

I plan to do the most significant stuff, paint check, vin match, panel alignment, internal appearance, making sure I’ve got mats, tow hook, 3 pin and type 2 cables, FSD, and my referral SC miles etc. Anything else I’ll do when I get home.

.... followed by a random email link to Adobe Sign with zero instructions - but I have assumed I'm meant to sign it electronically when I check the car.
Yes, that confused me when I got it the day before collection - tried to fill it in ready & when I closed it, turned out I had automatically accepted the car. I called Tesla, the guy laughed and said it was OK it happens all the time don't worry - doesn't affect your rights for refusal or cancellation under UK law.

It turned out that this had a side benefit - because the delivery was being tracked & they already had the acceptance document, my local SC were able to register the car with DVLA the minute it hit my drive even though it was late on a Friday afternoon (ie if I had gone into the house & completed the document after I had completed the checks & the driver had gonet, Tesla may have finished for the day). Luckily the car was virtually perfect.

Still in Tesla Purgatory here. I saw yesterday morning's inventory was filled with a wide selection of new model 3's including the same configuration as my order. Hopefully one of these will fulfil someone's order on here as I still haven't been matched yet :p

Haha... I got the missed call, text message with registration and "reminder" to pay - but no invoice :) Then got a call from someone to confirm I knew I was booked to collect the car on wednesday... followed by a random email link to Adobe Sign with zero instructions - but I have assumed I'm meant to sign it electronically when I check the car.

Yes but it seems that you still have a 7 day / 1000 mile window to reject the car even after signing. (I wonder how many people actually do this).