Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Model 3 - 2020 Q3 Order Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Spoke to my lease company this morning to inform them of some restrictions I will have in September to accept delivery, the latest they have from Tesla is that they believe that delivery will be the 2nd September (I know this can change), M3 LR White ordered on the 7th July, hopefully it will be on the Glovis Captain.

Spoke to my lease company this morning to inform them of some restrictions I will have in September to accept delivery, the latest they have from Tesla is that they believe that delivery will be the 2nd September (I know this can change), M3 LR White ordered on the 7th July, hopefully it will be on the Glovis Captain.
Same spec for me too!
Anyone else starting to get nervous? I think I’ll give them a call. I have a VIN so I’d just like to know where the car is! No delivery date yet
Yes! I didn't think it was possible to have a VIN and still not get the car... I'm guessing the cars on the DAHLIA, however, I would like something more substantive from Tesla (which I doubt I'd get)

Wondering if it’s Panama arrival for the DAHLIA when texts will go out - as you’re right there has not been any “flood” of notifications on here like we’ve seen with all the other ships.

I called Tesla Monday to check progress - no update, then deliberately again after 17.00 yesterday to allow for US opening hours Mon/Tue - no change for my match status. It doesn’t prove anything as have watched 5 ships come and go with no match, but the lack of owner “WOOPS” this week suggests they haven’t done bulk testing for DAHLIA yet ... maybe .....

I sent an email to Tesla Delivery a few days ago asking for progress with my order.
They just replied saying they expect my Tesla to be available for collection early to mid-September and that I will be able to collect it and leave my trade-in car at the Southampton delivery hub. :)
No hint of a VIN though :(
I wonder if I'll get a '20' or '70' numberplate?

I sent an email to Tesla Delivery a few days ago asking for progress with my order.
They just replied saying they expect my Tesla to be available for collection early to mid-September and that I will be able to collect it and leave my trade-in car at the Southampton delivery hub. :)
No hint of a VIN though :(
I wonder if I'll get a '20' or '70' numberplate?
If it's Sep it'll be a '70. They won't have registered it yet. Although sadly that sounds like the ship after the grand Dahlia. I was told the very end of August.

If it's Sep it'll be a '70. They won't have registered it yet. Although sadly that sounds like the ship after the grand Dahlia. I was told the very end of August.
weirdly I was told the end of Aug, beginning of Sept. They said they are looking to receive two ships within a few weeks of each other. Couldn't tell me which one tho ( I'm guessing DAHLIA)

I was one of the first Model 3 reservation holders from March 2016 and I was able to order in May last year.
I finally got my car at the end of September. Others who ordered the exact same specification as me, without a reservation and placing their order after I did got their cars before I did. There was no logic to the allocation or delivery process and I doubt that's changed much.

I had 3 different VIN numbers allocated during the time I was waiting. My car could have been on 3 different ships. The Tesla staff do their best but they are in the dark as much as we are most of the time.

I ordered my second Model 3 on July 10th and I can see from the spreadsheet the same thing is happening, so this time I'm not going to fret because it's just wasted energy. I'll get the SMS/phone call/email when I get it and there's nothing much I can do to change that.

So don't overthink it, don't stress about it and don't make any plans around when you think you're going to get it, because you could be very disappointed.

And as many, many people said to me originally "It'll be worth the wait".

Reactions: JupiterMan
I just received a call from Tesla in Dartford to confirm that I have been matched to a car on the Grand Dahlia. As we all know, the ship isn't due to arrive until late August and I have been told to expect it during the 1st or 2nd week of September.

Still no VIN showing up on line but at least I now have a date to work towards - Happy days.