Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Model 3 is the new Bug

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was thinking the same thing. They are everywhere here. At my workplace I'd guess that about half of the cars in the rows with the Chargepoint chargers are Model 3s now. Also, I was in Monterey on the weekend and it was full of Model 3s as well (between all the Porsches and Maseratis). :)

I was thinking the same thing. They are everywhere here. At my workplace I'd guess that about half of the cars in the rows with the Chargepoint chargers are Model 3s now. Also, I was in Monterey on the weekend and it was full of Model 3s as well (between all the Porsches and Maseratis). :)

With the onslaught of Model 3s and MSs and MXs (seeing a lot more of both too) this is such great advertising for Tesla. Tesla's YTD figures (even thru November) are undeniable for other automakers who have put down Tesla and saying basically never us, no one wants EVs.

Tesla Model 3 Sales Charge Way Past Milestone Of 100,000 In U.S.

Finally:
Tesla earns nod of respect from legacy auto for pushing sustainable transportation

And this on VW throwing in the towel on ICE:
https://jalopnik.com/volkswagen-says-its-next-generation-of-internal-combust-1830860050

Last edited:
I can still go several days without seeing any Tesla product (other than my own), let alone another Model 3. I did see one this morning approaching from a side street; white with aeros like mine! Was a pleasant surprise...I tried to get a wave off before passing by.

But someday, perhaps instead of playing “slug bug”, kids will play “slug three??” :)

I can still go several days without seeing any Tesla product (other than my own), let alone another Model 3. I did see one this morning approaching from a side street; white with aeros like mine! Was a pleasant surprise...I tried to get a wave off before passing by.

But someday, perhaps instead of playing “slug bug”, kids will play “slug three??” :)
Um, since the Model Y hasn't been made yet, if we see Tesla, an S, 3 or X, whatever should we do instead of "slug bug"?

I'm in Metro Boston and it definitely isn't as popular. Aside from mine, I see a model 3 once every other day. I see plenty of Porsche Macan and Cayannes. Will prob see more of them when they come out with the lease option.

I don't think kids are allowed to even think about punching each other anymore. They have to resort to their phones to emotionally scar one another now since everyone seems to think that is more appropriate vs. some light physical "bullying".

I saw one today pre-dawn, black and still w/their paper plate. I see one maybe once or twice a week now. They are easy to spot in the dark from the rear, if you know it the owl's eyes swerve of the taillight design is pretty distinctive.

I've seen a lot more S and X around, too. I believe there's an X owner that works at my daughter's school, I've seen it parked in the staff area. Until this year I'd never seen a Tesla in my area. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯