Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Model 3 page on Tesla.com has been updated with new wording regarding deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
AFAIK, it was always the plan to have production begin in late 2017. Old version with "deliveries" struck me as a pretty glaring mistake to have on the website. Glad they fixed it and corrected the statement.

Already being discussed here:. My Tesla M3 Reversation Page updated

BTW, I just checked mine and it still says "Deliveries begin late 2017". From the thread I linked above, apparently non-US reservations have the wording changed to "Production", which is probably more accurate since the first wave of cars will be fulfilled in the US (where deliveries being late 2017) and other geographies will come later. This phased regional rollout plan was announced by Elon from the get-go.

Last edited:
As @BluestarE3 says my Mytesla page hasn't changed. It says:

Your Model 3 was reserved on 3/31/2016. Deliveries will begin in late 2017. You'll be invited to configure based on the date of your reservation.
This looks like they are trying to provide updated guidance to customers on when deliveries will start for new reservations.

Last edited:
As @BlueStar says my Mytesla page hasn't changed. It says:

Your Model 3 was reserved on 3/31/2016. Deliveries will begin in late 2017. You'll be invited to configure based on the date of your reservation.
This looks like they are trying to provide updated guidance to customers on when deliveries will start for new reservations.

I think the updated guidance starts to be customer specfic (employee of Elon Musk Industries, previous ownership, reservation period, region). Mine now reads: Production will start in 2017 (note: not LATE) and some people don't report changes.

Shock horror!!! Tesla delivery timeframe slips again! And you expected what exactly? We all knew that we wouldn't see the 3 until at least 2018 (or 2020 in the UK).
I don't see any slippage or delays in this. It actually sounds like they're trying to be more accurate and let people outside of the US know that their production is due to start in 2018. From what I've heard and read everyone in the US still has "deliveries" on their page.