Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Model 3 steering wheel poll!!!

Have a look at the photos and let us know which steering wheels you like best. Choose 1- 3

• I like the look and quality of the Mercedes C class steering wheel!

• I like the look and quality of the Audi A4 steering wheel!

• i like the look and quality of the model 3 steering wheel!

• i like the look and quality of the BMW 3 series steering wheel!

• i like the look and quality of the Jaguar XE steering wheel!

• i like the look and quality of the Lexus IS steering wheel!

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have an Acura MDX that has scroll wheels that can be pressed and can be rocked side to side as well. They appear similar to the model 3 wheels.
I don’t find them hard to use at all for what it’s worth.

View attachment 255103 Let’s add this as well as an option
I would love that in the Model 3 since the dashboard behind the wheel is lower. It’s like it was designed for that type of wheel. Almost like...

a spaceship...

ZBJtNTx_d.jpg

I can't imagine caring about something so trivial about a car, than the look of the steering wheel

If it's your the driver, the steering wheels in your face all the time...its the first impression when you someone looks into the car.
Most folks don't want to pay for a luxury car, only to get an economy steering wheel.
Remember this car is suppose to be more compelling than it's entry level luxury sedan competitors. Today only 47% of the Tesla fan club (aka: this forum) finds the M3 wheel compelling.

I And thumb dials are hard to finely adj since steering wheels move, which can also be accidentally moved.

There is one thumb wheel on my MB van that adjusts the angle of the headlights (load compensation). Even though it is on the dash by the steering wheel, it is easy to "adjust" when getting out. It's disturbing when you turn your lights on and they illuminate about 50 ft of pavement.

I support many of the people on this forum will advocate putting more controls in the phone app, but in Oregon just touching your phone while driving is now illegal!

I'm sorry, but this wheel and dash scares the sh*t outta me!

Maybe I'm getting too old or just used to the MS.
The problem is with the m3 steering wheel is it's made of cheap hard plastic, has no colour contrast and is dull looking. It's looks like some idiot took out the Orginal steering wheel which the model 3 should of had and installed 1 cheap Chinese aftermarket steering wheel. I too don't like lots of buttons and things happening all over the place but I do appreciated quality. The other problem I have is the cheap nasty ero hard caps. I like that there functional but why could they not make alloy ero wheels? Like BMW does with the i3. See picture. Hard scratchy
image.png
plastic should always be used to a minimum in a prestige car.