Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Model S is ahead of its time, it sprang ahead already!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sprung Ahead a Few Hours Early?

Wondering if anyone else noticed this -- tonight as we drove home from my Dad's I noticed that the Tesla was saying it was 9:42 -- given that we'd begun dinner at 5:30 I wondered how in the world we'd chatted so long. Sad that I wasn't going to have time to peruse the TMC, once we were home I moseyed over to the computer to turn it off for the evening. And wow, it was an hour earlier than the Tesla's clock.

So...somehow the Pacific timezone in Tesla land popped over to DST at least 6 hours early. So -- did it happen to others in Pacific time zone, or anywhere points east? I suspect we're the pioneers of the time zone handling -- perhaps the Tesla mothership is on UTC and we all flipped when it was 2AM in Greenwich, or????

Good news was that at least I still had some TMC time this evening...

So...somehow the Pacific timezone in Tesla land popped over to DST at least 6 hours early. So -- did it happen to others in Pacific time zone, or anywhere points east? I suspect we're the pioneers of the time zone handling -- perhaps the Tesla mothership is on UTC and we all flipped when it was 2AM in Greenwich, or????

Mine is an hour ahead also. Your idea about GMT sounds right.

May not be a Tesla isue but an AT&T issue if it syncing time to the cell towers. Here in Arizona, we don't change time like the rest of you. However, the cell phones decided to change time. Freaked the BF out this morning when he thought he was late to work. Reboot of the cell phone corrected the time. Tess was off last night, but this morning is showing the correct time.