TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

The Model S Store is Down. Are we about to see something new?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by MsElectric, Jun 10, 2015.

1. MsElectric

MsElectric Active Member

Since this morning I have not been able to access the Model S Design studio. I wonder if something wonderful and new is about to be released... :)

2. Majerus

Majerus Member

Based on the share holder meeting yesterday I would think not.

3. MsElectric

MsElectric Active Member

It's odd then because the Design Studio is down for maintenance. Maybe it is just down for maintenance then :)

http://my.teslamotors.com/models/design

- - - Updated - - -

Okay so the Design studio is back online and it seems they have raised the price of the 85D by another $5K! The 85D now has a base price of $90K. Unless the 85D came with greater range, I'm not sure how many customers will justify paying $15K more for the 85D. On the plus side for the P85D price remains the same at $105K base so for someone considering an 85D or a P85D the price difference just went down to $15K.

- - - Updated - - -

Also the price difference now between the RWD 85 and the 85D is $10K! Yikes.

This makes the 70D an even better value but the only way this pricing makes sense for the 85D is if they were to increase the battery capacity.

- - - Updated - - -

On the plus side the 19" wheels can still be ordered with a P85D so they did not take away that option. *whew!*

4. CmdrThor

CmdrThor Member

It is still showing $85k for 85D and $80k for 85 RWD for me.

5. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker Beta Tester

Hopefully it's just an error. If you select the RWD version of the S85, it shows $80k...but then clicking to change it to AWD (which it says adds $5,000) really increases the price by $10,000, to $90,000

6. DougH

DougH Active Member

lmao

7. MsElectric

MsElectric Active Member

Okay the 85D price is back to $85K. It did used to be $90 for a while.

I was afraid the 85D was just made Vegan and that was the reason for the $5K price increase :rolleyes:

85DPrice.JPG

8. MileHighMotoring

Raising the price helps resale value, we should be grateful. If they raise the price $15k a year our cars will never depreciate! laughing-smiley-face.gif

But I wonder if they are seeing increased costs on the Model X and are raising S prices to make them closer.

9. MorrisonHiker

I'm still seeing the $90k price but the math doesn't add up. Obviously they haven't fixed it on all of the servers yet.

10. jeffro01

jeffro01 Active Member

I'm still seeing the $85k... man... this makes me even more paranoid to wait to order mine until closer to my lease expiration on my truck...

Jeff

11. S'toon

S'toon Knows where his towel is

I'm seeing $85K.

I could be wrong, but I think they may have added a couple of countries to the international sites.

12. MorrisonHiker

#12 MorrisonHiker, Jun 10, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
    Looks like it could be a browser specific issue. Chrome and Firefox are fine but IE11 still showing $90,000.

13. Max*

Max* Autopilot != Autonomous

That'll teach 'em for using IE!

14. Majerus

Majerus Member

Punishment for using ie ?

15. MsElectric

MsElectric Active Member

It would be amusing if some actually submitted their orders for an 85D this morning at the higher price because they were using Internet Explorer... :)

16. Thud

Thud Member

The only difference I can see is that my $5000 state credit is no longer shown (GA). This is because my state no longer has a state credit (as of July 1), replaced by an annual $200 EV fine.

17. CHGolferJim

CHGolferJim Member

$90k for 105D? :eek:

18. Majerus

Majerus Member

Hate to say this but I would be so unbelievably pissed off if this is the case. After comments about no significant updates to model s for 1 year, and a bomb shell like that I am sure I wouldnt be the only one.

19. MileHighMotoring

If Model X is really 3 months away, I doubt we'll see any major announcements before then. They want to blow the world away this fall with that model. They wouldn't want a Model S update getting muddled in. The P85D was far enough in advance to avoid this (and drum up all that attention!!)

20. travwill

travwill Member

Yeah, I think it is all Model X for rest of year. If for some reason it squeezes in a bigger battery capacity, that may roll out to Model S afterwards, but not sure how that would fit even. MS seems like it will have a stable rest of 2015 and early 2016 at this point - more about production ramp up and small tweaks if anything. Now that every possible piece of hardware seems included on the car there isn't much they can change (e.g. autopilot, etc.) but never know!