TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

The Model X needs a 2nd Row Center Console Option or Armrest

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by HockeyPlayer, Aug 11, 2016.

1. HockeyPlayer

HockeyPlayer Member

So I took delivery of my new Model X (its name is Zamboni) last Saturday and am absolutely loving it. One of my unanticipated surprises is how often people come over to check out the car when I park. And I visited the Tesla Factory yesterday to take a tour and see the line where our cars get born. I felt like I was visiting Willy Wonka's factory.

One observation of my 6 seat configuration that I'd like to share is the need for some sort of arm rest for passengers in the 2nd row. Apparently, Tesla made some sort of center console for the Founders Edition cars but it's not available for sale as a stand alone option. Friends and family that have ridden in the 2nd row have commented that it would be nice if Tesla added a fold down arm rest on the side of the seat that is in the center of the car.

Have any of you fine folks seen a solution for this? What are your thoughts?

• Like x 3
  2. cranker2k

cranker2k Member

I've seen some owners had custom console made. Others have custom armrests made. You can search this forum as well as Tesla's. But I'm sure sometime in the near future Tesla will sell it as an option if you are willing to wait.

3. electricity

electricity Member

Agree it needs armrest for sure.

4. ModelX

ModelX Member

My family has also complained about lack of armrests.

5. Ed Hart

Ed Hart Member

And we continue to hold off ordering the X until those armrests are available. My wife slid into the gap during the test drive earlier this year!