Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The mods have started...cosmetic trim first !

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I never loved the glossy nose of the Model S... reminds me of a wet puppy nose so I did some cosmetic mods

Gloss black window trim
Gloss black mirror cap (blends better into the tinted windows)
Left the mirror struts and door handles in chrome

Matte black on the nose cone

Gloss red Tesla "T's" front and rear

Debadged the rear badges

5% ceramic tint in the rear
30% on the front windows
80% on the windshield

Next up.... RIMS !

Probably doing to black out the chrome strakes in the front brake ducts as well.....

ModelS.jpg

well duh I like it, i did it....plus reindeer are brown....

I'm also going to paint the brake caliper red once I get new rims
As I said, if you like it, more power to you and that's all that matters. My point about the white car wasn't that reindeer are brown (they're brown and white actually), but that the red really stands out due to the contrast of colors...on a red car it would look sharp, I think, since it would match.

Just thinking out loud here, I wonder what it would look like to black wrap the part between the roof and the doors. (A pillar and back). Since it's between the dark windows and dark roof, it looks a little out of place to me. Might think about it for my white S... (Perhaps I should have just gotten a black S, and blacked out everything.....)

MNX,

I thought about it.... however b/c of the way the rear glass curves and the trunk lid, there isn't a logical place to end it, so the rear will look kinda funny

let me know if you do it, i'd love to see pics

Just thinking out loud here, I wonder what it would look like to black wrap the part between the roof and the doors. (A pillar and back). Since it's between the dark windows and dark roof, it looks a little out of place to me. Might think about it for my white S... (Perhaps I should have just gotten a black S, and blacked out everything.....)

- - - Updated - - -

3M vinyl wrap

How did you do the matte and gloss black trims?