Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The most aerodynamic car in the world

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

dark cloud

Apr 14, 2018
BC
Aerodynamicists worked in close cooperation with designers of the EQS to achieve a new cd best value of 0.20. This makes the EQS the most aerodynamic production car in the world.

The new EQS | Future Vehicles

Now there are a couple of technicalities here. Tesla doesn't say which specific Model S achieves that 0.208 figure, whether it's the Long Range or one of the Plaid models and if it's with the 19- or 21-inch wheels.

Tesla says the new Model S is the world's most aerodynamic production car

In early June, we sent a production-representative Lucid Air to North Carolina for aerodynamic testing at Windshear's advanced rolling-road wind tunnel. It emerged with a verified coefficient of drag of 0.21, making the Lucid Air the world's most aero-efficient luxury car.

How can they all claim this? who is going to test these companies to see the truth?

Last edited:
Reactions: rickyjb
Aerodynamicists worked in close cooperation with designers of the EQS to achieve a new cd best value of 0.20. This makes the EQS the most aerodynamic production car in the world.

The new EQS | Future Vehicles

Now there are a couple of technicalities here. Tesla doesn't say which specific Model S achieves that 0.208 figure, whether it's the Long Range or one of the Plaid models and if it's with the 19- or 21-inch wheels.

Tesla says the new Model S is the world's most aerodynamic production car

In early June, we sent a production-representative Lucid Air to North Carolina for aerodynamic testing at Windshear's advanced rolling-road wind tunnel. It emerged with a verified coefficient of drag of 0.21, making the Lucid Air the world's most aero-efficient luxury car.

How can they all claim this? who is going to test these companies to see the truth?
yeah not too sure on all these claims , although Elon pointed out not all testing is the same . Something about wheels in motion vs not.

Had a chance to drive the new EQS. It maybe the most aerodynamic sedan but what a bland performer. It is a big heavy tub of a car and that can't do anything close to my Tesla S. Boy was I disappointed but the interior is certainly very nice, but too over the top. The dash electronics seem fantastic but the the driving position, lack of acceleration and range just makes me love my new S even more. Don't need all that luxury when you have an S that performs so well. It doesn't have a frunk. Mercedes, like Porsche and Audi, have a lot of catching up to do.

• Informative
Reactions: dark cloud and QUBO
Had a chance to drive the new EQS. It maybe the most aerodynamic sedan but what a bland performer. It is a big heavy tub of a car and that can't do anything close to my Tesla S. Boy was I disappointed but the interior is certainly very nice, but too over the top. The dash electronics seem fantastic but the the driving position, lack of acceleration and range just makes me love my new S even more. Don't need all that luxury when you have an S that performs so well. It doesn't have a frunk. Mercedes, like Porsche and Audi, have a lot of catching up to do.
That's the trade off- more luxury and more weight; therefore reduced performance.

What do you mean by poor driving position?