Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The most popular car color is...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Car Colors - 2010 Most Popular Car Colors at RoadandTrack.com
...“The most popular color in North America for the past three years is white,” says Nancy Lockhart, Color Marketing Manager for DuPont Vehicle Paints. “We’ve also seen that, globally, black has gained in popularity.” Lockhart credits growing consumer interest in metallic and pearl-coat finishes with boosting the appeal of these two colors.

According to DuPont’s annual “Color Popularity Report,” silver remains the most popular choice worldwide. However, more shocking colors are making inroads. “We’re seeing a rise in purple globally,” says Lockhart. “Orange has also been a color space that has really taken notice the last five years.” ...

Can color add or detract from a car’s value?

The simple answer is yes, especially if you plan on holding onto your car long enough for it to attain classic status. “Everybody talks about Resale Red,” says Mike Fairbairn, a founding partner at RM Auctions Inc. Red is perennially popular with buyers but, according to Fairbairn, not all colors are so lucky. “The other conventional wisdom is that you can’t sell green.”

Ouch!

@gg: it all depends on the shade. I'm certain that vintage Jags in British Racing Green sell just fine. Still, I'm sure that black is probably the "best deal": it's $750 cheaper and probably will resell for a slight premium to green.

Not that I expect to resell my Model S any time soon!

@gg: it all depends on the shade. I'm certain that vintage Jags in British Racing Green sell just fine. Still, I'm sure that black is probably the "best deal": it's $750 cheaper and probably will resell for a slight premium to green.

Not that I expect to resell my Model S any time soon!

Yup, in the same boat here. I'll hold on to this car for dear life till it literally falls apart! My wife's going to walk out on me otherwise as she'll never trust anything I say in the future ;)