TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

The Most Wanted and Desired Improvements for Tesla

Discussion in 'Model S' started by SDRick, Nov 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. SDRick

SDRick Member

There are many threads scattered across the forum giving Tesla wish lists or advice on future improvements. I think it would be wonderful if these suggestions could be consolidated in a master wish list. Each item could then be voted or ranked by forum members.

I believe this information would be of service to Tesla and help make a great car even better. The biggest overall gripe is we pay a luxury car price without receiving overall world class luxury. As much as I (we) love this car, face it, many luxury features are missing (HUD, Soft close doors, coat hooks etc, etc) or underwhelming, (road\wind noise, seats.etc).

Does anyone else find this of interest? How would one go about creating this master list and poll? Would it require the assistance of a moderator?

• Like x 1
  2. PatrickCH4313

PatrickCH4313 Member

You can find what you are looking for on the following site:

Features | TeslaTap

3. SDRick

SDRick Member

Yes, it looks like the Tesla Tap is the closest thing I have seen. Thanks for the tip. It seems like a nice format and fairly well done although the site is a bit slow. There also does not seem to be a way to find or filter a feature by popularity.

4. HyperMiler

HyperMiler Member

Raaaaange at Speeeeed!!!

• Like x 1
  5. jbcarioca

jbcarioca Active Member

Which serves to equal range at very cold temperatures and/or mountainous driving and/or towing something. Assuming current levels of efficiency we probably need 200 kWh or so, don't we? Given the rate of development that should be five years or less to wait.

6. number12

number12 Active Member

Can you sort by most votes?

7. SDRick

SDRick Member

That is a problem and the weakest part. The site does not allow sorting by the most popular and desired features.

8. Topher

Topher Energy Curmudgeon

JB and Elon are both on record with 5% increase in Battery per year. That is a doubling rate of 14 years (70 / 5). The increases we currently see are not all related to battery energy density, but also aren't repeatable.

Thank you kindly.

• Like x 1
  9. sorka

sorka Active Member

Lighted vanity mirrors. my wife still says it isn't a real car without that:confused:

10. jbcarioca

jbcarioca Active Member

There are several recent developments that promise discontinuities in the JB and Elon suggestions. My optimistic view is based on finding at least one or two of those major advances within the next couple of years. Other threads debate the relative probabilities of several emerging technologies do Imwill not do that here. Zero question about it, we'll not see the range we want without major advances.