Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The mysterious "Multi-point inspection" ...- are service manuals/procedures available ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla "annual inspections" are impressively expensive, in most of the europe, one is free to do the services as any, not only brand shops. (and it's fully counted as ok, vendors are required to accept that)

most of the items on the annual service inspection (Maintenance Plans) - are really trivial, should be done well within ~two hours.

So what's the "multi point inspection" ? - are service manuals/procedures available ?

Does anyone have any better information on this subject, other than a link to the shop manual, that costs for an hour what it should cost to buy the paperback service manual? Tesla really needs to loosen up with the DIY maintenance and repairs. I think someone is more likely to get hurt, trying to work on their own car without the manual, than if they have access to the proper procedures for working on it safely. If Tesla service isn't supposed to be a "profit center" then why does it act so much like it is?

I did my first year service yesterday and had an overall good experience, but I'm frugal and I prefer to do most of my own car maintenance.