Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Mystery of the Edit Button

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question, do all of you who configured have the "Payment Method" under a Pending section? Not sure if this may be holding anything up for me... I added a pic below.

I have Registration Details, Drivers License, Insurance and Trade-In portion with a green check mark and under Completed. But the Payment Method had a gray "dot-dot-dot" (...) and says Pending.

Oh and for payment I selected "arrange your own financing through a bank or credit union."

Question, do all of you who configured have the "Payment Method" under a Pending section? Not sure if this may be holding anything up for me... I added a pic below.

I have Registration Details, Drivers License, Insurance and Trade-In portion with a green check mark and under Completed. But the Payment Method had a gray "dot-dot-dot" (...) and says Pending.
i changed my payment option from financing to cash in the hopes that it will speed things up for me.

it says:

Your delivery profile is complete.
We will use the information you have provided to generate documentation required for your delivery.

As your delivery date approaches, we will contact you to review documentation, pay your final balance, and accept delivery of your Model 3.
Interesting. I just changed to cash and now I have the same message, all fields completed and green check mark! Crossing fingers....

Reactions: Koflach
Had the edit button until about an hour ago and now it disappeared. No call or any info on anything. Reserved January 18', ordered June 27th around 730pm, and live in Vegas. Ordered solid black LR w/ PUP. Figured the autopilot was just something cool to have and not necessarily a need.

I don't have anywhere to upload insurance either. Everything else is green and says complete. My edit button disappeared yesterday morning and I got an email about 24 hrs. later saying I had a VIN and needed to confirm all my information by July 2 or else delivery may be delayed. It said I needed to supply insurance info, so I replied to the email and attached a JPG pic of my insurance ID for one of my other cars. Have not had another reply. The email did not list the VIN or give a delivery date, but I'm pretty sure it will be in July.
April 1, 2016 res.
First production
Pearl
Sport wheels
EAP
Cash
Ordered an hour after receiving invite.

I'm in Toronto, I reserved 4/20 and got my invite on 6/28. I originally ordered the performance one on 6/29, then today I changed it twice by using the Edit button. I uploaded my insurance photo and provided the policy info where it asked for it, plus my drivers licence, and then first put to use financing through Tesla. That changed everything to a green check mark except the payment info which just said pending, with a message that I'd be contacted about a credit application closer to delivery. Since I want to just pay cash anything I changed it to cash and saved. It immediately went green and the edit button went away right away also. Now the page just says:

We will use the information you have provided to generate documentation required for your delivery.

As your delivery date approaches, we will contact you to review documentation, pay your final balance, and accept delivery of your Model 3.

Edit button gone and trying to figure out what that means...

Reserved: 6/23/16
Configured: 6/28/18 3am est
Completed Delivery Info: 6/29/18, financing
Edit Button Disappeared: 6/30/18

Called and asked about a VIN but none assigned yet.

LR, PUP, MSM, Aero, EAP

I'm in Toronto, I reserved 4/20 and got my invite on 6/28. I originally ordered the performance one on 6/29, then today I changed it twice by using the Edit button. I uploaded my insurance photo and provided the policy info where it asked for it, plus my drivers licence, and then first put to use financing through Tesla. That changed everything to a green check mark except the payment info which just said pending, with a message that I'd be contacted about a credit application closer to delivery. Since I want to just pay cash anything I changed it to cash and saved. It immediately went green and the edit button went away right away also. Now the page just says:

@psykobunny83,

Where are you seeing the input location for insurance photo and policy info? I just don’t have that. All I have is:

Pending:
Payment Method (Pending due to financing but thinking of changing it to cash for green check!)

Completed:
Registration Details (green check)
Drivers License (green check)
Trade In (green check)

Maybe I need to change to cash....even though I’m financing a portion to get the green check and “Completed”. I keep reading this Completes the Process. Does that THEN bring up the “Insurance” nomenclature?

Ski

Wasn’t there once a “Documents” button for uploading information, like insurance? My page has the word printed on it, but it is no button or link of any kind. Seems like it should be though, unless it’s just for them to send you stuff. Anyone have anything under “Documents”?

Here's from my phone all the tabs. Didn't realize I could upload from it directly.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180701-084424_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20180701-084424_Chrome.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 105
  • Screenshot_20180701-084537_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20180701-084537_Chrome.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 75
Day 2 reservation holder here and current owner. Was invited configure a while back but was holding out for AWD or P. Ended up confirming P yesterday evening, fully loaded and chose cash as payment. Edit button was still there this morning but went away the moment I uploaded my driver's license and insurance information and all options were checked green. Optimistic this will mean fast delivery. Trade in can still be changed but I don't want to mess with it and risk a delay.

Question, I will likely still pay cash but will shop around for loan/interest rates to see if I'm better off keeping my savings where they are. If I do change payment method, does anyone know what to do? Option can no longer be changed on the site. Do I just call or wait until they contact me for delivery?

Day 2 reservation holder here and current owner. Was invited configure a while back but was holding out for AWD or P. Ended up confirming P yesterday evening, fully loaded and chose cash as payment. Edit button was still there this morning but went away the moment I uploaded my driver's license and insurance information and all options were checked green. Optimistic this will mean fast delivery. Trade in can still be changed but I don't want to mess with it and risk a delay.

Question, I will likely still pay cash but will shop around for loan/interest rates to see if I'm better off keeping my savings where they are. If I do change payment method, does anyone know what to do? Option can no longer be changed on the site. Do I just call or wait until they contact me for delivery?
You just wait until they contact you. At that point you can change your payment option.

I've tried switching my payment method to cash but it still doesn't bring back my edit button. Still haven't heard anything about a VIN though :(