TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

The New Downtown Vancouver & area Superchargers

Discussion in 'Canada Supercharger locations' started by Tes La Ferrari, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Tes La Ferrari

The much rumoured Downtown Vancouver Supercharger has been hiding for the last few years.

It's been rather quiet on the Supercharger front since Tsawassen Mills came online

Anyone have an update on when the Downtown Vancouver Supercharger & surrounding area ones are to come online ?

2. jlund

jlund Member

You got me excited thinking this was an announcement or new details.

3. Tes La Ferrari

Sorry jlund, wish I had some news.

I am thinking that someone must have heard something ...especially if they are supposed to be coming online soon

• Like x 1
  4. Ludalicious

Ludalicious Member

no idea. with the price of land its not going to be cheap.

I see that there also ills one shown in burnaby too. the location marked looks like it could possibly be metrotown.

theres also another new one shown on the map located in whiterock. parking down there is slim to none unless it's going to be east of the highway.

5. rainforest

rainforest Member

Clickbait!

6. doubles87

doubles87 Member

I would love that considering I live next to Metrotown right now - they have 6 flo chargers, adding another 8-12 Tesla only chargers would be awesome for a quick 30 min charge. However, it does look like the current future location is pegged around Canada Way & Sprott

7. Tes La Ferrari

I also think a location right off Highway 1 near Grandview would be a good idea too..even around Renfew & 12th ?

8. Koflach

Koflach Member

i'd really like to see more love from Tesla for the Fraser Valley (Surrey/Langley).

• Like x 1
  9. Tes La Ferrari

Agreed. They are definitely needed out that way too

10. Dutchie

Dutchie Member

I think near IKEA at Coquitlam would be great spot for a Supercharger. Easy accessible to the Highway and enough space.

• Like x 1
  11. Mr. PlugShare

Mr. PlugShare PlugShare Maniac & Active Member

Guys, someone check out the CF Pacific Centre. Tesla has been doing a lot of Supercharger at Cadillac Fairview malls recently.

12. Mr. PlugShare

Mr. PlugShare PlugShare Maniac & Active Member

@Doug_G can you put it into the right section? Thx

13. wayner

wayner Active Member

Exactly - including downtown Superchargers in the CF Toronto Eaton Centre and CF Ottawa Rideau Centre.

14. Tes La Ferrari

How do the downtown super chargers work in Ottawa and Toronto? Do you have to pay for parking or some other fees even if you have free lifetime supercharging ?

15. wayner

wayner Active Member

Yes you pay for parking otherwise there would be a huge arbitrage for EV drivers. Check out the thread on the Toronto Eaton Centre (or Toronto Bay Street) SC.

16. Nauti-Boy

Nauti-Boy Member

Brentwood mall is under construction and only a minute away from the highway. Spoke to a someone randomly and he said it may be located in Brentwood mall. It is much easier to install while the mall is in construction. There is no land available in the Canada Way area.

17. Tes La Ferrari

That’s an interesting location. Makes sense being close to the highway and all...

18. Ludalicious

Ludalicious Member

that would be pretty good location. I was at Tsawwassen yesterday and there were no superchargers available. completely full. That place is getting really busy. I have never seen anymore than 4-5 cars there at a time before. we definitely need more stations.

19. Tes La Ferrari

Really ? That’s surprising - 3 is the most cars I’ve seen there at one time. What was the mix of cars ? Interesting to know how much of the demand is coming from new 3s?

20. Ludalicious

Ludalicious Member

there wasn't even a model 3 charging. all S/X's. was one model 3 when I left but 3 more teslas were on their way in.