TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

The New Evannex Kangaroo Pockets for Model S?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by mark.lawler, Oct 29, 2016.

1. mark.lawler

mark.lawler Member

• Informative x 1
  2. NicB72

NicB72 Supporting Member

I saw them as well and simple to install. I just think they are about $50 over priced

3. InternetDude

InternetDude Member

I really like them but they are overpriced for sure.

4. artsci

artsci Sponsor

If you take into the account the cost of injection molds for the holders (two are necessary) overpriced is more than a bit of a stretch. IMHO this is a reasonably fair price.

5. thecloud

thecloud As rhythm raced inside, the ship came alive

The problem I see is that they are a permanent installation and there's really no changing your mind afterwards, because eight (8) holes are drilled into each seat back. If you decide to remove the pockets later on, you'll have to fill the holes with plugs of some sort (not included), and it will obviously never look pristine again.

6. headcase

headcase Member

• Like x 1
  7. artsci

artsci Sponsor

8. tel

tel Member

Since according to the EVAnnex instructions the bottom bar is mounted on TOP of the netting, what's your plan for securing the bottom? I don't think that the tape will effectively secure the bottom of the netting to the back of the seat.

9. headcase

headcase Member

A good question. I will probably secure a thin plastic bar to the backside of the netting via some snaps of some type at my local Lowes, then use the 3M mounting tape to secure the plastic bar to the seat.

10. artsci

artsci Sponsor

I'm sure the bottom bar can be attached some other ways. Headcase's is a good suggestion and there are probably other options. But until I see the parts I'll hold off making any assumptions.

11. RWcarbon

RWcarbon Vendor

They look nice, however they don't completely fit the 'flow' of the Model S's interior. Before purchasing, I would make sure they can be removed without damaging the seat. Otherwise, very useful!

12. InternetDude

InternetDude Member

Have you seen the install video? You have to drill a bunch of holes in the seat unless you do your own thing.

13. Gizmotoy

Gizmotoy Active Member

Considering the seatbacks are plastic, I'm kind of surprised you couldn't craft something like a little U hook that slides between the leather/textile at the boundary of the seat back. It'd cover way more of the seat back so may not look as nice, but would be reversible.

14. artsci

artsci Sponsor

I'll have them on Friday. Let the experimentation begin:)

• Like x 1
  15. Gizmotoy

Gizmotoy Active Member

#15 Gizmotoy, Nov 1, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
    Everyone, to their 3D Printers! :D

I just finished a little lockout thing to cover the rear setbelt release because passengers kept unbuckling my son's carseat, which is a PITA to install.

• Like x 1
  16. Xenoilphobe

Xenoilphobe Active Member

#16 Xenoilphobe, Nov 1, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
    Holy shitnezzel. $150 for some nylon 12 Screws and some plastic retainers.

Not sure I like the bottom retaining solution either. They need to carry the side plastic retainers all the way trough to the bottom and then it might be a $75 product

17. InternetDude

InternetDude Member

You can buy a copycat version for $80.99 on Amazon http://amzn.to/2em7prO - that's more like it.

$80.99 on Amazon @ http://amzn.to/2em7prO

18. Blu Zap

Blu Zap Grinning member

They look good and in the right situation they would be great. Like anything from EVAnnex, we pay a premium. Tesla uplift, short run production, margin since they can get it? Doesn't matter.

An off the wall caution. I have a TUMI briefcase. The zipper clips have a small slot at the top, just large enough to allow that webbing to get stuck in it. I usually put my briefcase behind the driver's seat while I am on the road. If you are using a TUMI brief case, the zippers will get stuck in this webbing.

Yes off the wall, but it really did happen to me in other vehicles with the same webbing pocket. (i.e. BMW)

19. artsci

artsci Sponsor

Yes, but that version appears to be missing the bottom piece that prevents objects from falling out the bottom of the net.

20. tomp

tomp Member

I too think it's way overpriced.