Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The New Evannex Kangaroo Pockets for Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The problem I see is that they are a permanent installation and there's really no changing your mind afterwards, because eight (8) holes are drilled into each seat back. If you decide to remove the pockets later on, you'll have to fill the holes with plugs of some sort (not included), and it will obviously never look pristine again.

Since according to the EVAnnex instructions the bottom bar is mounted on TOP of the netting, what's your plan for securing the bottom? I don't think that the tape will effectively secure the bottom of the netting to the back of the seat.

Reactions: Jimmy 1
Since according to the EVAnnex instructions the bottom bar is mounted on TOP of the netting, what's your plan for securing the bottom? I don't think that the tape will effectively secure the bottom of the netting to the back of the seat.

A good question. I will probably secure a thin plastic bar to the backside of the netting via some snaps of some type at my local Lowes, then use the 3M mounting tape to secure the plastic bar to the seat.

Considering the seatbacks are plastic, I'm kind of surprised you couldn't craft something like a little U hook that slides between the leather/textile at the boundary of the seat back. It'd cover way more of the seat back so may not look as nice, but would be reversible.

Holy shitnezzel. $150 for some nylon 12 Screws and some plastic retainers.

Not sure I like the bottom retaining solution either. They need to carry the side plastic retainers all the way trough to the bottom and then it might be a $75 product

Last edited:
If you take into the account the cost of injection molds for the holders (two are necessary) overpriced is more than a bit of a stretch. IMHO this is a reasonably fair price.
You can buy a copycat version for $80.99 on Amazon http://amzn.to/2em7prO - that's more like it.

Holy shitnezzel. $150 for some nylon 12 Screws and some plastic retainers.

Not sure I like the bottom retaining solution either. They need to carry the side plastic retainers all the way trough to the bottom and then it might be a $75 product
$80.99 on Amazon @ http://amzn.to/2em7prO

They look good and in the right situation they would be great. Like anything from EVAnnex, we pay a premium. Tesla uplift, short run production, margin since they can get it? Doesn't matter.

An off the wall caution. I have a TUMI briefcase. The zipper clips have a small slot at the top, just large enough to allow that webbing to get stuck in it. I usually put my briefcase behind the driver's seat while I am on the road. If you are using a TUMI brief case, the zippers will get stuck in this webbing.

Yes off the wall, but it really did happen to me in other vehicles with the same webbing pocket. (i.e. BMW)